Bush return with a new album and three November 2011 London shows - tickets on sale Friday 5th August
Bush are that rare thing - a UK rock band whose significant commercial success is predominantly in the US. Formed after a chance meeting in London between Gavin Rossdale and Nigel Pullsford in 1992, Robin Goodridge and Dave Parsons were added to the line-up before Bush released their debut LP, 'Sixteen Stone', in 1994.
It didn't crack the UK top 40 album chart but across the pond, it was a massive hit. British bands dream for years of 'breaking America' but Bush had seemingly cracked it at the first attempt. 'Sixteen Stone' reached No 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and it sold a breathtaking six million copies.
Any notion that this was a fluke were soon dispelled by sophomore long-player, 1996's 'Razorblade Suitcase' which performed even better than the debut hitting the top of the US chart and No 4 in the UK, although it sold a paltry five million copies.
Its December 1996 stay at No 1 in the US was ended by 'Tragic Kingdom' by No Doubt, whose lead singer, one Gwen Stefani, Rossdale was to marry (in 2002). Bush broke up the same year, eventually reforming in 2010 after months (maybe years) of hints and suggestions they would.
Both Nigel Pullsford and Dave Parsons politely declined to be part of the reunion but Chris Traynor and Corey Britz were recruited to complete the four-piece. A fifth album, 'The Sea of Memories' - the first in a decade - is set for release in September and Bush are airing the new material (and much of the old) at three London homecoming dates in the autumn.
Bush return to the capital with three shows on consecutive nights in November beginning, appropriately enough, at Bush Hall on 20th, followed by the 100 Club (21st) and Cargo in Shoreditch (22nd).
We will have tickets for all three gigs when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 5th August, priced £35. All three dates are expected to sell out quickly, so don't be booking any meetings for Friday morning.
Update: 100 Club and Cargo gigs moved!
Originally due to take place at the 100 club, the 21st November gig will now take place at Scala. The 22nd November gig (originally planned for Cargo) has now moved north to the Relentless Garage. The good news is that there are now some tickets available for both dates at face value (all three dates originally sold out shortly after going on sale).
You may be interested in
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 and Fri 23rd Feb 2018 The BlindersBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Thu 8th Mar 2018 Paul DraperBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 and Thu 22nd Feb 2018 Dead!Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Thu 1st Mar 2018 High TydeBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 Gun OutfitThe Hope and Ruin (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Sun 25th Feb 2018 Franz Ferdinand: Always AscendingBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 Don BrocoBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Sun 4th Mar 2018 The XcertsBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Sun 25th Feb 2018 Hell is for Heroes, 'A', Vex Red: The Neon HandshakeBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Wed 28th Feb 2018 Fizzy BloodBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Sat 24th Feb 2018 RedFacesBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Thu 29th Mar 2018 Shit Indie Disco ThursdaysBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 Dave HauseHug and Pint (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Fri 16th Mar 2018 StereophonicsBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 David Devant & his Spirit Wife100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Sun 11th Mar 2018 Brian Fallon, Dave HauseBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Tue 6th Mar 2018 Sam FenderBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Mon 26th Feb 2018 Dream StateBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 and Sun 25th Feb 2018 The GodfathersBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sun 4th Mar 2018 Imagine DragonsBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 Elbow3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Wed 28th Feb 2018 The Boxer RebellionBuy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 to Thu 1st Mar 2018 Mint FieldBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 to Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Apocalyptica: Metallica by Four CellosBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 to Tue 6th Mar 2018 Arcane RootsBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 Lee RanaldoHoxton Square Bar and Kitchen (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 to Sun 25th Mar 2018 AmplifierBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 YonakaThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 to Sat 24th Mar 2018 RewsBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 Gaz CoombesStudent Central [ULU] (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 to Sat 31st Mar 2018 No Hot Ashes [Manchester]Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 to Wed 7th Mar 2018 Elbow, John GrantBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 to Mon 12th Mar 2018 Stereophonics, Ten TonnesBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Howie PayneSt Mary's Centre (Chester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 to Thu 22nd Mar 2018 FeederBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Mark MorrissThe Leopard (Doncaster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Hookworms and Friends: Hookworms, Martha, Ulrika Spacek, Bilge PumpBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 CohesionKolis (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Mar 2018 to Tue 6th Mar 2018 Editors: ViolenceBuy Tickets
- Mon 5th Mar 2018 Therapy?The Craufurd Arms (Wolverton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Sat 31st Mar 2018 The Stranglers, Therapy?Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Tue 27th Mar 2018 Belle and SebastianBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 Rainbow Kitten SurpriseDingwalls - Lock 17 (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Tue 13th Mar 2018 The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to ...Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 to Fri 30th Mar 2018 The WhollsBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 GNODSoup Kitchen (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 and Sun 11th Mar 2018 PinegroveBuy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 to Sun 11th Mar 2018 The Hold SteadyBuy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 to Thu 15th Mar 2018 TurbowolfBuy Tickets
- Sat 10th Mar 2018 China DrumCluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets