Tim Minchin adds musical weight to Uncaged Monkeys' December 2011 UK tour
They're the Science Beatles. A modern boy-band led by Chief Mop Top and professional enthuser Professor Brian Cox. A quartet who may not claim to be 'bigger than Jesus' but will certainly have strong views on his parentage.
Not that the 'Uncaged Monkeys' are seeking controversy in any sense. More than anything, the series of live shows from Cox, comedian Robin Ince, Bad Science doctor Ben Goldacre and mathematician Simon Singh are intended to inform, educate and entertain. Think of it as Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Science But Were Too Afraid To Ask.
And they are proving very popular indeed. All four 'players' are successful in their field, are media-savvy and have an admirable appetite for teaching and, well, enthusing about their pet topics. This boyish zeal to learn and share has caught the public's imagination and saw a series of 2011 dates sell out.
The national tour, which included some big venues such as the Bristol's Colston Hall and St David's Hall in Cardiff, was one of the hottest tickets of the spring. The two-hour show won broad acclaim for its wide-ranging subject matter and its endeavour to explain complex science in terms the audience could understand. Some audience questions that couldn't be answered on the night were even addressed in a subsequent podcast which mopped up the loose ends [here: www.bit.ly/FreePrimates - Ed].
Back in July, the Uncaged Monkeys announced five new dates for December 2011, beginning with two shows at the Manchester Apollo (6th/7th), Plymouth (10th) and then two gigs at the Hammersmith Apollo (13th/14th). And they have news of a very special guest set to join them for most shows. It's time for an update, then!
Update: Tim Minchin joins the Monkeys!
As a special treat for all shows except 13th December (Hammersmith - still to be confirmed, one way or the other), piano-pounding comedian and composer Tim Minchin has been invited to pontificate and assist the quartet in their quest to solve the mysteries of the universe, perhaps with the odd song (or random theory as to why it took you so long to buy Uncaged Monkeys tickets!)
We still have tickets for all shows, priced from £25.
You may be interested in
- Wed 16th May 2018 Robin InceLeadmill (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 21st Jun 2018 Robin InceWest End Centre (Aldershot)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Professor Brian Cox, Robin InceEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxDerby Arena (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxMetro Radio Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxFlyDSA Sheffield Arena (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxPeterborough Arena [East of England Showground] (Peterborough)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxSSE Arena Belfast (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Professor Brian Cox3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxAECC BHGE Arena (Aberdeen)Buy Tickets
- Thu 21st Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxEcho Arena/ The Auditorium (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxMotorpoint Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxArena Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxWembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxBrighton Centre (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxBournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Feb 2019 Professor Brian CoxPlymouth Pavilions (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 Professor Brian CoxMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets