Evanescence announce November 2011 UK tour - tickets available Friday 29th July
In 2003, a hitherto unknown rock band from Bill Clinton's hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas, pulled off the meteoric rise to end all meteoric rises. Their debut single 'Bring Me to Life' heralded a short period of global domination that would see Evanescence launched into the top bracket of stellar acts that could fill stadia all over the world.
'Bring Me to Life', a noughties rock anthem with a towering lead vocal from Amy Lee that bordered on baroque opera in its theatricality, had 'one hit wonder' written all over it when it shot to No 1 in the UK, but the southern five-piece had other ideas. And it had already outlasted the film it provided the soundtrack for, Ben Affleck's ill-judged superhero outing 'Daredevil'.
If the single was an impressive debut, topping charts everywhere and turning platinum in the US, the album it came from, 2003's 'Fallen' was an even bigger smash. It shipped nearly seven million copies in the US alone and another 10 million worldwide.
The follow-up, Evanescence's last full-length release, 2006's 'The Open Door', was an equally impressive hit although it sold a paltry five million copies globally. After touring 'The Open Door' extensively/to death, the band took some time off to write and record a third album.
The new Evanescence long-player, possibly self-titled, possibly called 'All Over the Place', is said to be their 'heaviest record yet' and is set for release in early October. The band will be taking the new material on tour, including a handful of gigs in the UK later in the year.
Evanescence are playing six UK dates this autumn, starting at the Hammersmith Apollo on 4th November, followed by shows in Manchester, Glasgow, Plymouth and Leeds, before the final gig at the Birmingham O2 Academy on Sunday 13th November. Support comes from New Yorkers The Pretty Reckless.
We will have tickets for all dates from 9AM on Friday 29th July, priced £28.50 (£29.50 for London).
- Fri 30th Mar 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Apr 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Apr 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisMotorpoint Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Apr 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisThe Armadillo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 Evanescence: SynthesisCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Apr 2018 EvanescenceEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets