The Unthanks announce autumn 2011 brass band tour and December headline tour - tickets on sale now
Award-heavy English folk royalty, The Unthanks, are set to boost their CV once more with a series of autumn and winter 2011 shows.
Just three months after the birth of their first child, Rachel Unthank and Adrian McNally (producer, manager, drummer, husband) will be leading the 2008 Mercury Prize-nominated Northumbrians in a joint venture with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.
The current national brass band champions will follow their July performances with The Unthanks with another round of shows in September. But the collaboration is more than a full band simply beefing-up the horns in existing compositions.
Adrian McNally and brass band leader Sandy Smith wrote the various parts, with Sandy adapting Adrian's string scores. At the same time, Unthank fiddler Niopha Keegan and band trumpeter Lizzie Jones worked on new new arrangements and songs especially for the project.
The joint autumn performances take place in Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Northampton and Derby between the 13th and 25th September.
Further to that, The Unthanks will be performing 'conventional' folk gigs in December, bringing their Mercury-nominated, Radio 2 Folk Award-winning back catalogue to the capital and then to the South West.
The December dates begin at St James' Church, Piccadilly, on the 2nd, followed by Falmouth's Princess Pavilions (10th) and The Pavilion in Bath (11th).
We have tickets for the December dates, including one-or-two brass gigs, available now. The December shows are £17.50 (£19 for London), while the performances with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band are priced around £15.
The Unthanks continue to perform throughout the late summer, playing the Greenbelt Festival in Cheltenham (29th August), End of the Road Festival 2011 (3rd September), the Electric Picnic 2011 in Ireland (4th September) and Bestival 2011 on the Isle of Wight (11th September).
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Towersey Festival, The UnthanksThame Showground (Thame)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Oct 2019 The UnthanksThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Mon 21st Oct 2019 The UnthanksBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th Oct 2019 The UnthanksHull University Students Union/ Middleton Hall/ Asylum (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Oct 2019 The UnthanksThe Round Chapel (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Oct 2019 The Unthanks, London Roots FestivalShoreditch Town Hall (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Nov 2019 The UnthanksCork Opera House (Cork)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 29th Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Electric PicnicStradbally Hall (Laois)Buy Tickets