The Unthanks announce autumn 2011 brass band tour and December headline tour - tickets on sale now
Award-heavy English folk royalty, The Unthanks, are set to boost their CV once more with a series of autumn and winter 2011 shows.
Just three months after the birth of their first child, Rachel Unthank and Adrian McNally (producer, manager, drummer, husband) will be leading the 2008 Mercury Prize-nominated Northumbrians in a joint venture with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.
The current national brass band champions will follow their July performances with The Unthanks with another round of shows in September. But the collaboration is more than a full band simply beefing-up the horns in existing compositions.
Adrian McNally and brass band leader Sandy Smith wrote the various parts, with Sandy adapting Adrian's string scores. At the same time, Unthank fiddler Niopha Keegan and band trumpeter Lizzie Jones worked on new new arrangements and songs especially for the project.
The joint autumn performances take place in Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Northampton and Derby between the 13th and 25th September.
Further to that, The Unthanks will be performing 'conventional' folk gigs in December, bringing their Mercury-nominated, Radio 2 Folk Award-winning back catalogue to the capital and then to the South West.
The December dates begin at St James' Church, Piccadilly, on the 2nd, followed by Falmouth's Princess Pavilions (10th) and The Pavilion in Bath (11th).
We have tickets for the December dates, including one-or-two brass gigs, available now. The December shows are £17.50 (£19 for London), while the performances with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band are priced around £15.
The Unthanks continue to perform throughout the late summer, playing the Greenbelt Festival in Cheltenham (29th August), End of the Road Festival 2011 (3rd September), the Electric Picnic 2011 in Ireland (4th September) and Bestival 2011 on the Isle of Wight (11th September).
- Thu 25th Apr 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreSt Paul's Church (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Apr 2019 The UnthanksSt George's Church (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreThe Quarterhouse (Folkestone)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Apr 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreEpsom Playhouse (Epsom)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Apr 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st May 2019 The Unthanks, Aidan O'Rourke, Kit Downes: Unaccompanied, as We AreSt George's Hall (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 7th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreSt Philip with St Stephen Church (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 7th May 2019 The UnthanksSt Phillips & Sacred Trinity Churches (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreEpstein Theatre (formerly Neptune) (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 9th May 2019 The UnthanksThe Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We ArePleasance Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Tue 14th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreThe Assembly (Leamington Spa)Buy Tickets
- Wed 15th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreOpen (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 17th May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreNewark Palace Theatre (Newark)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd May 2019 The Unthanks: Unaccompanied, as We AreLeft Bank [formerly St Margaret of Antioch] (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 29th May 2019 The UnthanksSpirit Store - Dundalk (County Louth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 The UnthanksPepper Canister Church (Dublin)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 29th Aug 2019 and Sun 1st Sep 2019 Electric PicnicStradbally Hall (Laois)Buy Tickets