Love Inks set for debut UK tour in September 2011 - tickets available now
Having one of the world's best music festivals on your doorstep is no guarantee that your band is going to be a success. But if you're from Austin, Texas, home to the SXSW music and arts festival, and your band is a refreshingly excellent minimalist pop trio called Love Inks, then you're in with a chance.
Love Inks' debut LP is the self-funded and produced 'ESP', released in May 2011. It is a beguiling, dreamy sleepwalk of a pop album that clocks in at under 30 minutes long. The low-fi motif has echoes of The XX but there's also a distinctly summery accent, in stark contrast to the English band's autumnal hues.
Sherry LeBlanc's vocals sound as if they have been sun dried; bleached thin by crippling Texan rays. Laid over Kevin Dehan's sleepwalking bass, LeBlanc's voice casts a spell broken only by the staccato punch of short tracks that seem to end all too soon.
For a few, the whole album will be far too short and a handful may argue that it passes them by. Many more will find themselves firmly in its thrall - a short, sharp stab of crystal clear American low-fi pop that deserves to be experienced live.
Which is exactly what Love Inks hope will happen when the band embarks on its first UK tour in September, beginning at Thekla in Bristol on 21st September. The tour moves on to London, Glasgow, Manchester and others, before the final gig in Brighton on 27th September.
We have tickets for all dates available now, all are under a tenner and the Glasgow gig is just £5. Go and see the sun shine.
You may be interested in
- Sat 3rd Aug 2019 Visions Festival, White Denim, Westerman, Steam Down, Pigs P...Various London Venues (London)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Aug 2019 to Sat 10th Aug 2019 ImarhanBuy Tickets
- Thu 26th Sep 2019 to Mon 30th Sep 2019 StarsBuy Tickets
- Wed 2nd Oct 2019 to Fri 4th Oct 2019 The Album Leaf: In a Safe PlaceBuy Tickets
- Mon 18th Nov 2019 to Sun 24th Nov 2019 Calexico, Iron & WineBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Nov 2019 Calexico, Iron & Wine, London Jazz FestivalRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets