Adam Ant on the march again - November/ December 2011 UK tour on sale now
In the late seventies and early eighties, Stuart Goddard created a post-punk New Wave persona for himself as Adam Ant. Pretty in his mascara and face paint, his military jackets and leather trousers became a weekly Thursday evening visitor to living rooms up and down the nation via Top of the Pops (RIP).
As Adam & the Ants, hit singles 'Stand & Deliver' and 'Prince Charming' made No 1, followed by his first solo single, 'Goody Two Shoes' (also a chart-topper). The albums 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' and 'Prince Charming' both went platinum in the UK and his releases performed well in the US, earning him a high profile there that led to TV and movie work.
Adam Ant's distinctive style and status as something of a sex symbol brought him considerable fame as a musician and sometime actor but Stuart Goddard was not faring as well, privately struggling with the bipolar disorder he'd been diagnosed with when just 21.
After the starburst of fame, and perhaps inevitably, came something of a darker period for Adam Ant. Into the nineties, battling his mental health demons and, after long periods of ill health and medication, considerable weight gain (and loss), hair loss (and regrowth), Adam Ant was reborn.
Into the noughties, with his remarkable life documented in his autobiography, 'Stand & Deliver', Ant regrouped and began recording new material and touring with verve. The renaissance continues apace with Ant announcing the second leg of his 2011 UK tour.
The tour kicks off with Adam Ant and his band, The Good, The Mad & The Lovely Posse, playing Bristol Academy on 11th November, then Bournemouth, Tunbridge Wells, Nottingham, Leeds, Edinburgh and others, before the final show in Newcastle on 13th December.
We have tickets available now for a number of the dates (more to come), generally priced £22.50.
Ahead of the tour, Adam Ant plays two shows in Fulham at Under the Bridge on 5th and 6th August (£30) and the West Dean Festival 2011 in Sussex, headlining on Saturday 27th August (£40 for an adult day ticket).
- Sun 18th Dec 2016 Adam AntRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sun 31st Jul 2016 Camp Bestival, Tears for FearsLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st Jul 2016 to Sun 23rd Oct 2016 ToyahBuy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Aug 2016 to Sat 6th Aug 2016 The Dictators NYCBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Aug 2016 to Fri 9th Dec 2016 The DamnedBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Aug 2016 to Sat 20th Aug 2016 PenetrationBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Aug 2016 Rebellion Festival, BuzzcocksWinter Gardens (Blackpool)More Info..
- Fri 5th Aug 2016 to Sun 7th Aug 2016 Rewind Festival NorthBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Aug 2016 to Fri 7th Oct 2016 BlossomsBuy Tickets
- Sun 7th Aug 2016 Lloyd Cole, Justin CurrieKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Aug 2016 to Thu 6th Oct 2016 Heaven 17: Up Close and PersonalBuy Tickets
- Tue 9th Aug 2016 to Sat 20th Aug 2016 Bow Wow WowBuy Tickets
- Thu 11th Aug 2016 Holly JohnsonFalls Park (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Aug 2016 and Fri 19th Aug 2016 Ultimate PowerBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Aug 2016 Lakefest, Cast, Starsailor, Afro Celt Sound System, Big Coun...Eastnor Castle (Herefordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Aug 2016 Bad Manners, Brother Beyond, Bruce Foxton, From the Jam, Leo...Garlic Festival Site (Isle of Wight)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Aug 2016 to Tue 20th Dec 2016 The Sex Pissed DollsBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Aug 2016 Tony Hadley, ABCNewton Abbot Racecourse (Devon)Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Aug 2016 to Fri 4th Nov 2016 Lloyd ColeBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Aug 2016 FaithlessO2 Academy (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Aug 2016 to Sun 21st Aug 2016 Rewind South - The 80's FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Aug 2016 and Fri 26th Aug 2016 The Blow MonkeysBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Aug 2016 MorrisseyManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Aug 2016 The Real Thing, Trevor NelsonMaher Centre (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 Midge UreBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Sep 2016 and Sat 3rd Sep 2016 BustedBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Sep 2016 Together the People, Brian Wilson, Nathaniel Rateliff, Hiatu...Preston Park (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Sep 2016 to Mon 5th Sep 2016 King CrimsonBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Sep 2016 to Fri 30th Sep 2016 Graham Parker, Brinsley SchwarzBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 The BlockheadsBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Sep 2016 The Members100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Sep 2016 to Thu 29th Sep 2016 Graham ParkerBuy Tickets
- Sat 10th Sep 2016 BBC Proms in the Park, Michael Ball, The BBC Concert Orchest...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Sep 2016 Always The Sun, Turin Brakes, Dub Pistols, Hugh CornwellStoke Park (Guildford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Sep 2016 Big Country, Simon Townshend1865 (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Sep 2016 to Sat 10th Dec 2016 Big CountryBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 CastBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Sep 2016 to Sat 5th Nov 2016 The Monochrome SetBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 The Real ThingBuy Tickets
- Sun 18th Sep 2016 Levellers, Turin Brakes, Ferocious Dog: Levelling the LandHastings Pier (Hastings)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Sep 2016 Tony HadleyCaerphilly Castle (Caerphilly)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Sep 2016 Spizzenergi100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 The BeatBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Sep 2016 The Brit Project: Primal Scream, Black Grape, Reverend and the Makers, Dodgy, ...Victoria Warehouse (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Sep 2016 Afropunk Festival, Grace Jones, SZA, Akala, Dreadzone, Don L...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Sep 2016 to Sat 17th Dec 2016 The Wonder StuffBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Sep 2016 The Zutons, Fundraising EventLiverpool Guild of Students/ Stanley Theatre/ Mountford Hall... (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Oct 2016 to Sat 5th Nov 2016 BuzzcocksBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Oct 2016 to Sat 22nd Oct 2016 The TubesBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Oct 2016 TV SmithWestgarth Social Club (Middlesbrough)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Oct 2016 to Thu 15th Dec 2016 Twin AtlanticBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Oct 2016 No Jacket RequiredThe Brook (Southampton)Buy Tickets