One Man, Two Guvnors now booking in the West End into 2013
Richard Bean's award-winning play continues at the Theatre Royal Haymarket well into next year, tickets on sale now
Written by Richard Bean, 'One Man, Two Guvnors' is based on 'The Servant of Two Masters' by Carlo Goldoni. In Bean's English version of the classic Italian comedy, sex, food and money are high on the agenda with the setting moved from Italy to 1960s Brighton.
James Corden made the role of Francis Henshall famous with a typically warm and likeable turn as the skiffle aficionado, sacked by his band, who finds work as a minder. Henshall is retained separately by a young woman and an ex-public schoolboy (his 'Two Guvnors') who share a dark connection but who are both unaware that the other is in Brighton and neither of whom realise the other is employing Francis.
Since March, Owain Arthur has stepped into Corden's award-winning shoes, joining a cast which includes a few familiar faces including Jodie Prenger as Dolly. Despite Corden's headline-grabbing turn, Owain Arthur has seamlessly picked up the One Man, Two Guvnors success story. Having now moved to the Theatre Royal Haymarket, the West End version is now taking bookings until next August while the touring production also continues. One play, two productions.
We have tickets available now for the Haymarket production, priced from £16. Meanwhile, we also have tickets for tour dates in Glasgow and Salford. This one will run and run.
You may be interested in
- Sun 15th May 2016 Tell Me on a Sunday, Jodie PrengerHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd May 2016 Tell Me on a Sunday, Jodie PrengerEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th May 2016 Tell Me on a Sunday, Jodie PrengerNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th Jun 2016 Tell Me on a Sunday, Jodie PrengerChurchill Theatre (Bromley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Aug 2016 Lytham Festival, Collabro, Ruthie Henshall, Ramin Karimloo, ...: West End PromsLytham Green (Lancashire)Buy Tickets