London theatre Kids Week 2011 will keep your children entertained this summer!
The phenomenally successful and much-loved London theatre Kids Week (actually a fortnight) is back from 12th - 26th August 2011.
Run by the Society of London Theatre and now in its 14th year, Kids Week is a chance for youngsters up to 16 years old to see a selection of some of the West End's most exciting and high profile shows for half-price or, better still, for free.
During Kids Week, a child can see a selection of shows for free, plus two additional kids can go at half price (per transaction), as long as they are accompanied by a full-paying adult. Added to the fiscal savings are the added bonus of special "activity" dates designed to get your kids involved in aspects of the show.
Check out the selected highlights of all the shows we have tickets for, which go on sale Tuesday 12th July at 10am - see below for full listings.
Note that some shows have advisory age limits, so double-check before booking.
Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Wizard of Oz
The legendary tale of Dorothy and her dog Toto not being in Kansas anymore. L Frank Baum's perennial family favourite is showing at The Palladium and is a familiar musical treat for the whole family. Full ticket prices £25 - £62.50, 12th - 26th August.
Shrek the Musical
Based on William Steig's book, the story of the lovable big green ogre, his princess and a donkey is known to all from the 2001 mega-hit DreamWorks film adaptation, and all the favourite characters are appearing at Drury Lane's Theatre Royal in a musical adventure. Tickets £20 - £65, 12th - 26th August.
With 'Pottermania' in full effect thanks to the recent premiere of the final (FINAL!) film in the series, why not treat your kids to a concise and funny round-up of the best of Potter at the Garrick Theatre? All seven Harry Potter books in seventy minutes, performed by CBBC's Dan and Jeff. Tickets £10 - £20, 18th - 26th August.
The Railway Children [Centreline Productions]
E Nesbit's charming wartime story returns with Marcus Brigstocke as Station Master Perks. This breath-taking theatrical event features a real vintage steam train and is currently being performed on a real platform at Waterloo Station. Tickets £22.75 - £49.75, 12th - 26th August. Activity dates: 24th and 26th.
The Tiger Who Came To Tea
The doorbell rings just as Sophie and her mummy sit down to tea [I hate it when that happens - Ed]. Who's the surprise visitor? It's a big, stripy tiger [I hate it when that happens - Ed]. Judith Kerr's storytime classic is showing at the Vaudeville Theatre. Tickets £13 - £16, 12th - 26th August. Activity date: 18th.
Mega-hit musical about released prisoner Jean Valjean and his search for redemption amidst the French Revolution, with a score packed full of modern classics. Based on Victor Hugo's 1862 novel, the show runs at the Queen's Theatre. Tickets £15.00 - £65.00, 15th - 24th August. Activity dates: 17th and 24th.
Rupert Everett, Kara Tointon and Diana Rigg star in a dazzling new production of one of George Bernard Shaw's most popular plays at the Garrick Theatre. Prices £25.00 - £49.50, 15th - 25th August. Activity date: 18th.
Michael Morpurgo's award-winning exciting tale of bravery, and the extraordinary bond between a young recruit and his horse against a backdrop of the First World War. New London Theatre, tickets £10.00 - £49.75, 15th - 25th August. Activity dates: 18th and 25th August.
You may be interested in
- Mon 20th May 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 Les MisérablesMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2019 to Sat 4th Apr 2020 Les MisérablesQueen's Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Jun 2019 to Sun 9th Jun 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaAylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 to Sun 16th Jun 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaNew Wimbledon Theatre (Wimbledon)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 to Sun 7th Jul 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaLeas Cliff Hall (Folkestone)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Jul 2019 to Sat 17th Aug 2019 War HorseEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Aug 2019 to Thu 8th Aug 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Aug 2019 to Sat 7th Sep 2019 War HorseNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Sep 2019 to Sat 21st Sep 2019 Shrek the MusicalGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Wed 9th Oct 2019 to Sat 26th Oct 2019 Les MisérablesEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Oct 2019 to Sat 23rd Nov 2019 War HorseTroubadour Theatre (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Mon 21st Oct 2019 to Wed 23rd Oct 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th May 2020 to Sat 30th May 2020 Les MisérablesThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Jun 2020 to Sat 18th Jul 2020 Les MisérablesHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets