London theatre Kids Week 2011 will keep your children entertained this summer!
The phenomenally successful and much-loved London theatre Kids Week (actually a fortnight) is back from 12th - 26th August 2011.
Run by the Society of London Theatre and now in its 14th year, Kids Week is a chance for youngsters up to 16 years old to see a selection of some of the West End's most exciting and high profile shows for half-price or, better still, for free.
During Kids Week, a child can see a selection of shows for free, plus two additional kids can go at half price (per transaction), as long as they are accompanied by a full-paying adult. Added to the fiscal savings are the added bonus of special "activity" dates designed to get your kids involved in aspects of the show.
Check out the selected highlights of all the shows we have tickets for, which go on sale Tuesday 12th July at 10am - see below for full listings.
Note that some shows have advisory age limits, so double-check before booking.
Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Wizard of Oz
The legendary tale of Dorothy and her dog Toto not being in Kansas anymore. L Frank Baum's perennial family favourite is showing at The Palladium and is a familiar musical treat for the whole family. Full ticket prices £25 - £62.50, 12th - 26th August.
Shrek the Musical
Based on William Steig's book, the story of the lovable big green ogre, his princess and a donkey is known to all from the 2001 mega-hit DreamWorks film adaptation, and all the favourite characters are appearing at Drury Lane's Theatre Royal in a musical adventure. Tickets £20 - £65, 12th - 26th August.
With 'Pottermania' in full effect thanks to the recent premiere of the final (FINAL!) film in the series, why not treat your kids to a concise and funny round-up of the best of Potter at the Garrick Theatre? All seven Harry Potter books in seventy minutes, performed by CBBC's Dan and Jeff. Tickets £10 - £20, 18th - 26th August.
The Railway Children [Centreline Productions]
E Nesbit's charming wartime story returns with Marcus Brigstocke as Station Master Perks. This breath-taking theatrical event features a real vintage steam train and is currently being performed on a real platform at Waterloo Station. Tickets £22.75 - £49.75, 12th - 26th August. Activity dates: 24th and 26th.
The Tiger Who Came To Tea
The doorbell rings just as Sophie and her mummy sit down to tea [I hate it when that happens - Ed]. Who's the surprise visitor? It's a big, stripy tiger [I hate it when that happens - Ed]. Judith Kerr's storytime classic is showing at the Vaudeville Theatre. Tickets £13 - £16, 12th - 26th August. Activity date: 18th.
Mega-hit musical about released prisoner Jean Valjean and his search for redemption amidst the French Revolution, with a score packed full of modern classics. Based on Victor Hugo's 1862 novel, the show runs at the Queen's Theatre. Tickets £15.00 - £65.00, 15th - 24th August. Activity dates: 17th and 24th.
Rupert Everett, Kara Tointon and Diana Rigg star in a dazzling new production of one of George Bernard Shaw's most popular plays at the Garrick Theatre. Prices £25.00 - £49.50, 15th - 25th August. Activity date: 18th.
Michael Morpurgo's award-winning exciting tale of bravery, and the extraordinary bond between a young recruit and his horse against a backdrop of the First World War. New London Theatre, tickets £10.00 - £49.75, 15th - 25th August. Activity dates: 18th and 25th August.
You may be interested in
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Sun 25th Feb 2018 Shrek the MusicalNew Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Mon 27th Aug 2018 Les MisérablesQueen's Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Mar 2018 to Sun 25th Mar 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe Royal and Derngate Theatre (Northampton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Apr 2018 to Sun 22nd Apr 2018 Shrek the MusicalWales Millennium Centre (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Apr 2018 to Sat 12th May 2018 War HorseFestival Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Wed 2nd May 2018 to Sun 13th May 2018 Shrek the MusicalRegent Theatre/ Britannia Suite (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 Shrek the MusicalOpera House (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 Shrek the MusicalNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Jun 2018 to Sun 24th Jun 2018 Shrek the MusicalEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th Jun 2018 to Sat 30th Jun 2018 War HorseThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Jul 2018 to Sun 5th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Wed 1st Aug 2018 to Sat 18th Aug 2018 War HorseNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 War HorseMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe King's Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 War HorseHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Shrek the MusicalBord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 War HorseThe Armadillo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 War HorseThe Empire Theatre (Sunderland)Buy Tickets