BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park set to party all night long with Lionel Richie and Jools Holland, September 2011
London's Hyde Park will once again bring BBC Radio 2 and the great British listening public together for a sensational, star-studded all-day show at the end of the summer.
11th September will see award-winning, multi-platinum selling and distinctive singer Lionel Richie headline the 'festival in a day', with the always-entertaining and affable Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra in support and his recent tour-guests, soul-singer Ruby Turner and '60s pop-icon, Sandie Shaw.
Richie's last appearance in London was at the Capital FM Summertime Ball back in 2009 and the diminutive former Commodores crooner hasn't toured the UK for well over two years - you get the impression, therefore, that demand for this exclusive show might just be a little bit high.
He will perform his familiar hits such as "Hello", "All Night Long" and "Dancing on the Ceiling", although we'd pay double-money to see him try that in the middle of a city park! Lionel will be accompanied by The BBC Concert Orchestra, making this a truly classy occasion.
Tickets for the event are on sale now, priced at £32.50 which, when you break it down, is good value for the quality performers on display. Richie's last tour dates cost £75 on average - so, trust us, it's a bargain! There are also excellent picnic options costing £60 which does not include admission - you still need a general admission ticket. Our tickets link will take you to all of the options available.
Jools Holland's show is always great entertainment and his calendar is already jam-packed with other UK dates for the rest of the year and his guests, Ruby Turner and Sandie Shaw have a considerable catalogue between them. The former has been at the forefront of Brit-soul since the '80s, mostly with accomplished albums such as her hit collection, "The Motown Songbook". Shaw has represented the UK in Eurovision, collaborated with The Smiths and scored several Top 10 hits in the '60s, including "Long Live Love", "Always Something To Remind Me" and "Puppet On A String" (the Eurovision track!).
Although some of the show will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2, there will be nothing quite like being there for this amazing occasion! Click on the Buy Tickets button to join the throng!
You may be interested in
- Fri 26th Jan 2018 Ruby TurnerEpstein Theatre (formerly Neptune) (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Nowton Nights: Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraNowton Park (Bury St Edmunds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBarrow Hill Roundhouse (Chesterfield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Jools Holland and his Rhythm ...Hampton Court Palace (Kingston upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Jul 2018 Ruby TurnerThe Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraLincoln Castle (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Ruby Turner...The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Kew the Music, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchest...Kew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets