The Pigeon Detectives announce November 2011 UK tour - tickets on sale Friday 8th July
Posted: 1st July 2011
Five or so years ago, as the Kaiser Chiefs and, most dramatically, the Arctic Monkeys, were drawing attention to Yorkshire's burgeoning indie scene, another band were dutifully bringing up the rear.
Formed in 2006, the Pigeon Detectives released their debut album, 'Wait For Me', in 2007. It was an immediate radio hit, chocked full as it was with disposable indie gold. Hit after hit followed; 'I Found Out', 'Take Her Back', 'Romantic Type' and 'I'm Not Sorry' all made the top 20 and the debut LP peaked at No 3. Boom.
Instantly hummable, every Pigeon Detectives track had a chorus you'd learned by the end of the second verse and, before long, their gigs earned a reputation as raucous, fun indie sing-alongs. The second LP, 'Emergency', picked up exactly where the last left off.
At Radio 1's Big Weekend in Maidstone in 2008, lead singer Matt Bowman was so caught up in the excitement of it all that one of his trademark leaps from the drum kit ended with a serious leg injury. He gamely tried to run it off before being taken to hospital and cancelling subsequent dates.
It had happened as the Pigeon Detectives were airing fresh material, specifically the new album's title track 'Emergency'. Some things you can't make up.
After taking some time out, the band's third album, 'Up, Guards And At 'Em!' was released in March. Following a successful spring tour and an August holiday weekend date at the Leeds and Reading festivals (playing the main stage), the Pigeon Detectives will be taking the new record on the road again in the autumn.
The tour starts on 6th November in Newcastle, visiting Preston, Manchester, Sheffield, Lincoln, Birmingham, and London's Electric Ballroom, among others, before a hometown gig at Leeds Academy on 24th November.
Two Scotland dates follow, in Edinburgh and Dundee (25th and 26th). Tickets for all shows go on sale on Friday 8th July at 9AM, priced from £15.
- Wed 21st Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives O2 Ritz (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives Hull University Students Union/ Middleton Hall/ Asylum (Hull) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives The Empire (Middlesbrough) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives Queen Margaret Union - QMU (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives O2 Forum (Kentish Town) Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives O2 Institute (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Apr 2021 The Pigeon Detectives Leadmill (Sheffield) Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st May 2021 The Pigeon Detectives O2 Academy Leeds (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th May 2021 Ian Brown, Sam Fender, Shed Seven, Pale Waves, The Coral, The Magic Gang, The Sherlocks, The K's, Reverend and the Makers, Gang of Youths, The Murder Capital, The Big Moon, The Snuts, Love Fame Tragedy, The Lathums, Zuzu, The Orielles, The Mysterines, AIRWAYS, The Hara, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Wombats, Miles Kane, Tom Walker, The Lightning Seeds, The Pigeon Detectives, Fickle Friends, BLOXX, Paul Heaton, Sundara Karma, Sea Girls, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Inhaler, Sports Team, Red Rum Club, Nasty Cherry, Cassia, Phoebe Green, LONA, Lauran Hibberd, Talk Show, Working Men's Club Victoria Park (Warrington) Buy Tickets