Naked Boys Singing! - now booking until December 2011 - ticket offer available
In the late nineties, when so-called Lads' Mags and satellite television looked set to conquer the world, one show managed to combine the two and, in a way, sum up those heady days - L!ve TV's 'Topless Darts'.
Neither 'Topless Darts' nor L!ve TV made it to the turn of the century, although the channel was revived - then smothered again - as part of Sky's digital offering. Part of the appeal of Topless Darts was the simplicity of the show, conveyed quite adequately in its three-syllable title. It featured topless women, playing darts (after a fashion).
In the great tradition of L!ve TV, who also brought us 'Naked News', comes Naked Boys Singing. Thankfully, 'NBS' has nothing to do with L!ve TV and is in fact returning to London for a fourth run.
The musical comedy revue features an original score of 16 songs 'celebrating the splendours of male nudity', starring an ensemble of seven nude male performers. Inevitably more appealing to some than others, Naked Boys Singing is nonetheless aimed at a broad (and broadminded) audience and not just hen party groups, baying for flesh.
In spite of its wide appeal, the show has not been without controversy. In Milwaukee, the run had to end prematurely - with a police raid - after a censorship lawsuit was filed.
Following the success of the 2011 shows at London's Charing Cross Theatre, tickets for another set of dates have now gone on sale, with bookings being taken from 24th June to 3rd December. Performances are Friday and Saturday nights only.
Tickets are usually £15 but Allgigs has a special offer, with all seats available for just £12.50. Click on the Book This Offer button to take advantage.
Note that the show really does contain male nudity throughout and is recommended for those aged 16 and above only.
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 to Fri 27th Apr 2018 Stephen Bailey: Can't Think StraightBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Mon 8th Apr 2019 Joe Lycett: I'm About To Lose Control And I Think Joe LycettBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Sun 30th Sep 2018 Paul SinhaBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Thu 26th Jul 2018 Tom AllenBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 The Chocolate MenBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 and Fri 27th Apr 2018 Horse Meat DiscoBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Burlesque ShowWorthing Pier (Worthing)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 31st Mar 2018 King's Head Comedy Variety CabaretBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 OUT [club]Fire/ Protocol (Vauxhall)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Fri 6th Apr 2018 Twisted CircusBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 to Fri 6th Apr 2018 Scott AgnewBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 The DreamboysBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 to Thu 22nd Mar 2018 Joan BaezBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Tom Allen, Glasgow International Comedy FestivalCitizens Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Sandi Toksvig, Fundraising EventAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Paul Sinha: Shout Out to My ExThe Stand Comedy Club (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Scott AgnewBlackfriars (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 and Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Puppetry of the PenisBuy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 Scott Agnew, Eddy BrimsonBasement Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 and Sat 21st Apr 2018 Scott Agnew, Jayde AdamsBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Love Saves The Day, Fatboy Slim, Horse Meat Disco, Just Jack...Eastville Park (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 to Mon 11th Jun 2018 Courtney ActBuy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 and Sat 14th Jul 2018 LatitudeBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Latitude, SolangeHenham Park (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Latitude, alt-JHenham Park (Suffolk)Buy Tickets