Shock! Horror! Freaks wanted - Join in with Alice Cooper's Night of Fear 2011 tour
For such a likeable and amiable man, Alice Cooper really does like his darkness, his blood and his gore. He normally thinks nothing of chopping someone's head off, slinging some blood around or assisting in the death of a chicken (he claimed on BBC's "Something for the Weekend" that the hen's death had nothing to do with him - "it was the audience that ripped it to pieces"). But, it it's all in the name of entertainment and times have changed - you get human interaction these days, not a skit involving some turkey-twizzling.
You may remember last year's Roundhouse Halloween concerts, in which Cooper auditioned for loads of 'freaks' in the style of X-Rated Factor. Winners performed at the concerts, alongside the usual theatre and music guests, as well as a full-on show from the man himself. For 2011, things have got just a little bit more wide-scale.....
Alice Cooper's Halloween Night Of Fear will tour the UK with special guests, New York Dolls, in full glam-shock support for the Birmingham, London, Manchester and Glasgow gigs. But most importantly, he wants the same depravation and the same reign of terror as last year - but even more ghoulish.
In addition, he needs YOU for the London show! "It takes a lot to shock me," says Alice, "But last year even my stomach was churning, Britain really has got freaks." (Too right - he's obviously used the night-buses in South London). Go to www.alicecooper.com/freaks to submit your delightful horror (by 22nd June). Auditions take place on 27th June in Hyde Park (that'll scare the ducks). Three winning acts are then paraded at the Ally Pally gig (see below) in front of an audience who will collectively pick a winner!
Confirmed stops begin with Sheffield on 25th October, followed by Bristol (26th), Birmingham (27th), London's Alexandra Palace (29th - this is what you can audition for), Manchester (30th) and Glasgow (31st). Tickets are on sale from 9am Friday, priced at £34.50 for London (or £33.50 regionally).
You can expect to hear tracks from the long-awaited new album, "Welcome 2 My Nightmare", released in September.
You may be interested in
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 and Wed 31st Oct 2018 Nightmare In Islington: Halloween EventO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Hip-hop vs RnB: The Doctor's Orders, Halloween EventParadise by way of Kensal Green (Kensal Green)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Detonate, Wilkinson, Shy FX, DJ Redlight, Halloween EventO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Evil Scarecrow, Halloween EventThe Craufurd Arms (Wolverton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 The Black Madonna, Eats Everything, Halloween EventRoyal Highland Centre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Playaz, Problem Central, DJ Hype, DJ Hazard, General Levy, F...O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Gunz For Hire, Halloween EventO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Bat Out Of Helloween: Ultimate Power, Halloween EventO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Hardstyle UK Halloween: Wildstylez, Halloween EventHangar 34 (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Halloween EventLeas Cliff Hall (Folkestone)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 to Mon 29th Oct 2018 Movie Nights at the Museum: The Luna Cinema, Halloween Event - The ShiningNatural History Museum (Kensington and Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Dr and the Medics, Halloween EventThe Southbank Bar (Nottingham)Buy Tickets