Seek out the lost garden festival, Gwyl Gardd Goll 2011 - a real party-Bangor featuring Gruff Rhys, Echo and the Bunnymen plus more
Literally translated, the established Welsh music festival, Gwyl Gardd Goll translates as The Lost Garden, but there's nothing hidden, forgotten or discarded about this year's line-up.
Set in the North Wales country-estate of Y Faenol near Bangor, the three-day bash will take place from 22nd to 24th July and features a mixture of Welsh and English rock and indie luminaries such as Gruff Rhys, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog, Badly Drawn Boy, Cate Le Bon and Richard James (Gorky's), as well as a raft of upcoming Welsh-language talent across three stages.
In true boutique (but not pretentious) festival style, you will also find various food stalls and beer vendors, all delivered with as minimal a carbon footprint as possible and fantastic countryside.
Ticket prices are also reasonable - an adult weekend ticket with camping costs £80 (or £55 without), with family tickets also being made available. More bands will be announced in due course - just hope and pray for great weather.
You may be interested in
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonUsher Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen, Peter Hook, The Jesus and Mary Chain: Skyline SeriesSt Philip's Gate (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Badly Drawn BoyThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets