Laura Marling toes the Highland line with Scottish summer 2011 dates
It couldn't have gone much better for Laura Marling - originally a contributor to Noah and the Whale's early recordings, she's since severed ties with the band and instead carved out a rather lucrative career as a revered and much-loved soloist.
No sooner had she yielded a decent debut-album in "Alas I Cannot Swim", a Mercury Music Prize nomination graced her CV. Oh and then another, this time a couple of years later for her Top 5 album, "I Speak Because I Can". The same sophomore collection earned a BRIT award as well - Best British Female has a certain ring to it.
Aside from performing at Glastonbury 2011, End of the Road Festival 2011, Camp Bestival 2011 and Cambridge Folk Festival 2011, Marling has strongly hinted at issuing a rapid follow-up to the award-winning long player at some point - which makes these new Scottish dates during July because you'll no doubt get to hear some of the new songs. The Glasto audiences will sample them first but, north of the border fans, you'll be in line for something a little more intimate.
First stop is the Isle of Mull at the Aros Hall, Tobermory on 18th July, followed by remote stops in Stornoway (20th), the Aros Hall in Portree, Skye (21st), Banchory (22nd), Orkney (25th) and finally the city of Inverness on 26th. Tickets are on sale now for around £20, except Orkney which goes on sale on Friday. Additionally, the previously-postponed Aberdeen date has been rescheduled to 23rd July. Good news.
You may be interested in
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 to Sat 29th Jun 2019 GlastonburyWorthy Farm (Somerset)More Info..
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 Glastonbury, StormzyWorthy Farm (Somerset)More Info..
- Sun 30th Jun 2019 Glastonbury, Kylie MinogueWorthy Farm (Somerset)More Info..
- Thu 25th Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Camp BestivalLulworth Castle (Dorset)More Info..
- Thu 1st Aug 2019 to Sun 4th Aug 2019 Cambridge Folk FestivalCherry Hinton Hall (Cambridge)Buy Tickets