From Bad Seeds to the Book of the Dead - Mick Harvey's intimate and perilous journey brings him to London in June 2011
If the name Mick Harvey hasn't yet registered on your music-radar, just check one particular CD many of you have already bought - PJ Harvey's excellent "Let England Shake". See? There he is, listed bold as brass in the credits.
After finishing working with Polly, this other Harvey headed back to Australia to finish off a project that had already been burning its creative hole in the depths of the songwriter's brain - now, some four years after penning his first songs for the project, it's finished.
"Sketches from the Book of the Dead" finally appeared a few weeks ago on Mute and is a telling collection of deep thoughts and intimate observations, marking his first entirely self-penned set. To celebrate the completion of this emotive work, Harvey will appear at XOYO in Shoreditch on 5th June, armed with these new songs, as well as a few older bits and pieces. Tickets for the show cost £15.
Up until recently, and prior to his professional dalliance with PJ, Harvey has performed with fellow Aussie legends, The Triffids, as well issuing his previous solo albums (many contained cover-versions). But his initial legacy comes from working with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and The Birthday Party back in the day, playing on the latter's classic "Prayers On Fire" and "Junkyard" albums during the early '80s.
- Wed 6th Nov 2019 Mick Harvey100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 15th Jun 2019 to Fri 28th Jun 2019 Conversations with: Nick CaveBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2019 A Heavenly Weekend: Heavenly Recordings, Boy Azooga, Stealing Sheep, Baxter Dury...Brudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 Indietracks, Kero Kero Bonito, Stealing Sheep, The OriellesMidland Railway - Butterley Station (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Nov 2019 Paloma FaithRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Nov 2019 and Tue 26th Nov 2019 Robert ForsterBuy Tickets
- Tue 10th Dec 2019 to Sun 15th Dec 2019 Mark LaneganBuy Tickets