Omid Djalili Tour of Duty 2011/12 - tickets on sale now
Omid Djalili is not just the guy from those TV commercials. A Chelsea-born Brit of Iranian descent, Djalili first made his mark in 1995 with his Edinburgh Fringe show, 'Short, Fat Kebab Shop Owner's Son', followed by 1996's 'The Arab and the Jew'. As those titles subtly suggest, Djalili has never been a shrinking violet when it comes to matters of race and religion.
Omid Djalili is clearly proud of his Iranian Bahá'í heritage but has succeeded in keeping it from becoming his USP. In fact, 'that guy from those ads' has been incredibly successful on a range of fronts. His stand-up career continues to be wildly popular and, in 2005, he set a box office record for his Edinburgh show. He has hosted Have I Got News For You? and been Top Gear's 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car'; each appearance a badge of honour for UK comics.
He has carved out a successful acting career with roles in top movies such as Gladiator, The Mummy and Notting Hill. He has also appeared in less-top films Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Sex and the City 2 (although Djalili was good in both) and, in 2009, he was cast as Fagin in the West End production of Oliver!.
Omid Djalili cannot help but make people laugh and as his first tour for three years - Tour of Duty - kicks off in the autumn, punters will get 40-plus chances to see a very modern comic do what he does best. There are two pre-tour dates scheduled for 19th September in Morecambe and 5th October in Worcester.
The tour itself begins in Shrewsbury on 14th October 2011, closing with two dates at the Hammersmith Apollo on 24th and 25th February. In-between, the tour covers much of the UK including shows in Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol, Norwich, Derby and two dates in St Albans, where he is clearly very popular.
Tickets are on sale now, starting at around £20 (£26.50 for London).
You can also catch Omid in Walpole Park on 15th July when he opens the Ealing Comedy in the Park (supported by Hal Cruttenden, Andrew Lawrence, Sol Bernstein, Mark Maier and Mickey Hutton as MC). Tickets cost £17.50.
You may be interested in
- Sun 5th May 2019 Sol Bernstein, Andrew LawrenceDidsbury Cricket/ Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Hal CruttendenCedars Hall (Wells)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Andrew Lawrence, Sol Bernstein, Tom WrigglesworthThe Heatons Sports Club (Stockport)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Hal CruttendenTheatre Royal (Margate)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenNew Hall - Tiverton (Devon)Buy Tickets
- Mon 7th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenDouglas Hotel (Aberdeen)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenFarnham Maltings (Farnham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenThe Bold Hotel (Southport)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenPyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th Oct 2019 Hal CruttendenTheatre Severn/ Walker Theatre (Shrewsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenThe Berry Theatre (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenBraintree Arts Theatre (Braintree)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenLittle Theatre (Chorley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenThe Stand Comedy Club (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenThe Stand Comedy Club (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenHaverhill Arts Centre (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Nov 2019 Hal CruttendenThe Festival Drayton Centre (Shropshire)Buy Tickets