Joan Armatrading 2012 UK and Ireland tour - tickets on sale now
Joan Armatrading is 60 years old, which is amazing when you consider that it seems like she has been around forever. And, if chart success were the only guarantee of quality, history would cruelly suggest that Miss Armatrading has made only modest impact in nearly 40 years in the business.
Thankfully, the sales chart rarely provides more than a snapshot and although Joan Armatrading has consistently charted with the majority her 20 albums since her 1972 debut, remarkably, she has never been rewarded with a number one single or album in the UK.
Perhaps her most high profile hit, the epic Love And Affection, was her only top ten single in the UK (Drop The Pilot peaked at 11) and a handful of releases did not chart, which seems something of an insult to an artist who has garnered a loyal following with her soulful folky blues sound.
And entering her seventh decade has done nothing to slow the two-times BRITS nominee down as dates for a massive 2012 UK and Ireland tour are now on sale.
The dates will showcase her impressive back catalogue along with material from her as-yet-untitled new CD, set for release before the tour. The first of more than 30 dates is in Londonderry on 21st September 2012, before two gigs a week later in Shrewsbury. Over the following two months, Joan Armatrading performs in Hastings, Perth, Edinburgh, Leicester, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol, Torquay, Poole, Oxford and many more.
The tour closes with two dates at the IndigO2 in London on 23rd and 24th November 2012.
Special guest in England and Wales will be Chris Wood (BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Singer of The Year 2011) with the special guest for Ireland and Scotland to be announced.
These will be Armatrading's first UK dates in more than two years, since 2010's 40-date tour and the Ivor Novello Award winner promises to be as popular as ever, no matter what the charts may tell you.
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 Joan ArmatradingPalace Theatre (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)More Info..
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayBirmingham Town Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayUsher Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)More Info..
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 Joan ArmatradingVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 Joan ArmatradingUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Moseley Folk Festival, Nick Mulvey, This Is The Kit, Willy M...Moseley Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 Chris WoodThe Guildhall (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Chris WoodThe Kitchen Garden Cafe (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Chris WoodWest End Centre (Aldershot)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Chris WoodFriends' Meeting House (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Chris WoodThe Marine Theatre - Lyme Regis (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 Chris WoodThe Ivy House - Nunhead (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 Chris WoodKomedia (Brighton)Buy Tickets