Spring Clubbing 2011: Spotlight on Liverpool
The North West is often revered as the party-region of the UK (normally by the locals!) and judging by Liverpool's club and dance line-up for the next few weeks, it could well be a valid claim. A few legends have been confirmed for a string of special nights - it's time to focus on the music-capital of Merseyside - Liverpool!
If full-on kinky-house gets you hot and loved-up, head to Liverpool's Reform for a night of unique clubbing and live performances. Usual Kinky resident DJs Billie Clements and Chris Wright will support the silky skills of Anton Powers, local DJ hero. Admission for the Saturday 12th March party is just £5 for Advance Discount tickets.
This year marks the 20th-anniversary of the influential techno and electronic label, Planet E. Founded by Detroit producer Carl Craig in 1991, the label has released a brace of landmark 12" including many by Craig himself including 69's "Sound On Sound", Paperclip People's "Throw" and his own "Just Another Day". Craig will appear with other DJs (Yousef, Dennis Ferrer) at The Masque on Saturday 19th March - tickets are £18.
Dub Cartel [liverpool]
The Masque venue will host a packed night featuring some top names and innovators from the world of dubstep and jungle on Friday 25th March, including Kenny Ken, Sigma and Modestep plus many more TBC. Ken will be involved in some serious b2b action with Crissy Criss (1xtra) and tickets cost £14.
DJ John Cotton
It's time to get acquainted with the G-Bar way of life once again with a huge gathering entitled "Reunion" at the aforementioned bar in question on Saturday 26th March. DJs include John Cotton, Isobel Pearson and Matt Healey with a trance-classics set. Que Jump tickets are still available for £7.
One of the biggest DJ-ing names to come out of South America comes to the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral as part of a very special album launch on Saturday 2nd April. He will be joined by Danny Howells for a collaborative event with Freeze nightclub, featuring a run-through of the Dig Deeper
Deep Vibes [club night]
If taking things easy appeals to you, rather than caning it, 'avin it or largin' it, try out the Deep Vibes night being offered at Studio 2 on Sunday 10th April. Rather than your usual dull bar gathering with Cafe Del Mar cast-offs being piped through the speakers, this is a proper community get-together reminiscent of Fuse or mUmU nights. And get this - it's FREE!!
It's back to full-on duty now with a superb night planned at The New Picket on Saturday 16th April. Seb Fontaine (Cream) will head up a long list of performing DJs at Chemikal. This all-nighter has Advance Early Bird Tickets available for just £7 for a limited period. Ashley Moran and Jon Aze also feature.
On Sunday 29th May, the Bank Holiday will reverberate to the sounds of the second Cream reunion at Nation in the city. A special guest has yet to be announced, however trance-house specialist Oliver Lieb is set to bring in some classic anthems, possibly including his own L.S.G.-produced chestnuts such as "Netherworld" and his Platipus output. Trance-artist Jan Johnston is also on the bill performing a live set. Advance tickets are available for £12.50 (these are limited though).
You can check what else is happening in the Liverpool area by clicking the Clubbing links to the right.
You may be interested in
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 Serial Killaz24 Kitchen Street (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 Big Freshers Ice BreakerThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Mala24 Kitchen Street (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Thu 13th Dec 2018 Shit Indie Disco ThursdaysBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 MJ ColeShipping Forecast (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 This FeelingZanzibar (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Black ParadeThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Terry FrancisNorth Shore Troubadour (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 BezCirco (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 VK Electric: Tom Zanetti, K.O. KaneO2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 The Orb, System 7: Greatest Hits/ No Sounds Are Out of BoundsThe Invisible Wind Factory (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 Chase and StatusThe Invisible Wind Factory (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 and Sat 27th Oct 2018 Cream ClassicalBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Hardstyle UK Halloween: Wildstylez, Halloween EventHangar 34 (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Festival of the DeadLiverpool Guild of Students/ Stanley Theatre/ Mountford Hall... (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Foreverland: Enchanted ForestO2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Danny HowardThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Dimitri Vegas and Like MikeCentral Dock At Liverpool Waters (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Make Emo Great AgainThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets