The luck of the Irish - have a flutter and celebrate St Patrick's day 2011 at the races with Hothouse Flowers
Cheltenham Racecourse is synonymous with great days out and the annual Festival is no exception. From 15th to 18th, you can witness the cream of the horse-racing world, as well as all the pizzazz and grandeur that goes with it. This year there is a Centenary Day (15th) to celebrate 100 years of Cheltenham, a Ladies Day on the 16th - a fashion highlight and the huge Gold Cup Day on the 18th.
Additionally, two important events in the social calendar combine on 17th March to create what could be a lucrative or heart-breaking day, depending on your luck and skill. St Patrick's Day at Cheltenham features a full race-card as well as food, drink and a convivial atmosphere, plus a bit of gambling and smiles/tears (delete where appropriate).
As part of the admission price, there is also a concert from Hothouse Flowers. They were rarely out of the album charts in the latter part of the '80s and early '90s - "People" spawned the classic singles "Don't Go", "I'm Sorry" and "Easier In The Morning" and "Home" featured "Give It Up" and "I Can See Clearly Now". You can expect a few of these, new songs and a welter of traditional Irish music to set the evening off just right.
Tickets for St Patrick's Day are tiered three ways - £22.50 gets you a Best Mate Enclosure ticket (basic admission, betting etc opposite the main stands plus the concert), £37 for a Tattersall Enclosure ticket (full betting, catering, enclosure and village admission, plus concert) and the Club Enclosure option (all access, best views, best everything - plus the concert).
Proceeds throughout the day will go to Cancer Research UK and don't forget to bet responsibly!
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 Hothouse FlowersAberystwyth Arts Centre (Aberystwyth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Hothouse FlowersDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 Hothouse FlowersPhoenix Arts Centre (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Hothouse FlowersO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Hothouse FlowersOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Dec 2018 Hothouse FlowersThe Mount Errigal Hotel (Letterkenny)Buy Tickets