The Dears hit Degeneration Street in April 2011 - new album and tour
Posted: 14th February 2011
The Canadian indie rock collective, fronted by Murray Lightburn (dubbed "the Black Morrissey" due to similar vocal timbre), The Dears, will release their fifth studio album in sixteen years. 'Degeneration Street' is scheduled for 14th March and is a follow-up to their 2008 release, 'Missiles'.
The band (currently operating as a sextet), which has reunited with some of its original members (Patick Krief, Rob Benvie and Roberto Arquila), released a first single, 'Thrones' earlier this year.
Wishing them to repeat the appeal of their 2003 album 'No Cities Left' and 2006's 'Gang of Losers', The Dears will support this new album with three UK dates in April: London's Borderline on the 19th, the Ruby Lounge in Manchester on the 20th and Glasgow's King Tut's Wah Wah Hut on the 21st , leaving scope for more dates to be added along the way.
Tickets for The Dears' 'Degeneration Street' mini-tour are on sale now, costing £11 regionally, £12.50 for London (all plus booking fee).
- Sat 21st Nov 2020 The Dears Drygate (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Apr 2021 The Dears The Garage/ Thousand Island/ The Grace (Highbury) Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Nov 2021 The Dears The Exchange (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Nov 2021 The Dears Clwb Ifor Bach (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Nov 2021 The Dears Leaf - Bold Street (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Nov 2021 The Dears The Deaf Institute (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Nov 2021 The Dears The Portland Arms (Cambridge) Buy Tickets