A fest of Blues - BB King and Dr John head up the all-new BluesFest London 2011
After reading about London's music-scene under serious threat of imploding - closures of key mid-range venues such as The Half Moon (reprieved), the iconic 100 Club (reprieved) and, more recently, the Bloomsbury Ballroom (closed) hogged a few column-inches at least and let's not forget the end of the BBC Electric Proms - it's great to tell you about something positive.
A brand new music festival is set to help put London firmly back on the international events map, mainly due to the heavyweight artists [let's not get personal, eh? -Ed] involved in this inaugural event. Running from 27th June until 3rd July with performances scattered across the city (and not just the centre), BluesFest London 2011 will follow in the footsteps of countries with similarly-named events, namely Australia (NSW) and Canada (Ottawa), presenting big trans-global stars from blues, jazz and roots genres.
Highpoints include BB King appearing at the Royal Albert Hall on 28th June (tickets on sale now, priced from £42.50 - £65), [though many of the top-priced tickets are now sold-out - Ed] Dr John giving it 'voodoo' at Under The Bridge on 1st July, Ray Gelato the sax-master at Bush Hall on 2nd July and Martin Taylor plucking a rare set at the 100 Club on 30th June. We'll keep you informed of further artist and ticket information as we get it.
You may be interested in
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 Martin TaylorCrookes Social Club (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Martin Taylor, Martin SimpsonThe Marine Theatre - Lyme Regis (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 Claire Martin, Ray GelatoFairkytes Arts Centre (Romford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 18th Mar 2019 Martin TaylorThe Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets