A fest of Blues - BB King and Dr John head up the all-new BluesFest London 2011
After reading about London's music-scene under serious threat of imploding - closures of key mid-range venues such as The Half Moon (reprieved), the iconic 100 Club (reprieved) and, more recently, the Bloomsbury Ballroom (closed) hogged a few column-inches at least and let's not forget the end of the BBC Electric Proms - it's great to tell you about something positive.
A brand new music festival is set to help put London firmly back on the international events map, mainly due to the heavyweight artists [let's not get personal, eh? -Ed] involved in this inaugural event. Running from 27th June until 3rd July with performances scattered across the city (and not just the centre), BluesFest London 2011 will follow in the footsteps of countries with similarly-named events, namely Australia (NSW) and Canada (Ottawa), presenting big trans-global stars from blues, jazz and roots genres.
Highpoints include BB King appearing at the Royal Albert Hall on 28th June (tickets on sale now, priced from £42.50 - £65), [though many of the top-priced tickets are now sold-out - Ed] Dr John giving it 'voodoo' at Under The Bridge on 1st July, Ray Gelato the sax-master at Bush Hall on 2nd July and Martin Taylor plucking a rare set at the 100 Club on 30th June. We'll keep you informed of further artist and ticket information as we get it.
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 BluesFest, John Fogerty, Steve Miller BandThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, ...The O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Raphael SaadiqIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Robert Cray Band, Don Bryant, The Bo-KeysIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 Ray GelatoThe Hunter Club (Bury St Edmunds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Martin Taylor, Martin SimpsonThe Marine Theatre - Lyme Regis (Dorset)Buy Tickets