Make Brighton your hideaway with The Great Escape Festival 2011, featuring Friendly Fires, Villagers, Katy B and many more
Dig out your diaries and start saving up as the music festival season will come sooner than you think. Coming second on the festival calendar (shortly after its London counterpart, The Camden Crawl, to which we will dedicate a full article very shortly) is, The Great Escape, which will take place from 12th to 14th May.
The Brighton-based three-dayer, which has over the past seven years, seen the likes of Bats for Lashes, CSS, Santigold, Kasabian and The Cribs take to the stage, will this year welcome St Albans's pride and joy Friendly Fires who will be headlining at The Dome. Mercury nominee Villagers, Britpop newbies Brother and BRIT school alumna Katy B, as well as Warpaint, Tribes, The Heartbreaks [UK], Big Deal and D/R/U/G/S are among the 300 or so new local and international acts due to take part.
More will be announced over the coming weeks, but you have just over two weeks to take advantage of the "super early bird" three-day pass (excluding Dome shows), priced at just £35 including VAT, and valid until 15th February, with the option to upgrade your wristbands for access to Dome shows for as little as £6 per show. Book away!
You may be interested in
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Friendly Fires, Justin RobertsonRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 and Fri 30th Nov 2018 Friendly FiresOval Space (Bethnal Green)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Friendly FiresAnson Rooms - University of Bristol (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 VillagersThe Belfast Empire Music Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 VillagersBlack Box Theatre (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Feb 2019 VillagersRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 VillagersManchester Cathedral (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Mar 2019 VillagersWylam Brewery at Palace of Arts (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets