What to expect from The Vaccines' new March/ April 2011 dates: 'Post Break-Up Sex' and some riot pop
The future looks bright for The Vaccines, having formed about eight months ago and already made waves on 'Planet Sound', being dubbed the savers of great British guitar music in NME recently and ranking at third place in the BBC Sound of 2011 poll.
The gang of four are fronted by Justin Young (formerly known as singer-songwriter Jay Jay Pistolet), who describes their music as a mixture of [deep breath - Ed] "'50s rock 'n' roll, '60s garage and girl groups, '70s punk, '80s American hardcore, C86 and good pop music". The band released their debut single, the very Ramones-esque 'Wreckin'Bar (Ra Ra Ra)' in November 2010, and only yesterday, released their second single, 'Post Break- Up Sex' which strangely echoes Glasvegas' 'Geraldine'... All good comparisons to draw, let it be said.
And this comes in anticipation of their debut LP, 'What did You Expect from The Vaccines' due out on 21 March 2011.
Before that, the quartet will take part in a one-off London "NME Awards Show" at King's College SU [now sold-out - Ed], then head-off on another NME shindig - the NME Awards Tour alongside Crystal Castles, Magnetic Man and Everything Everything between 3rd and 19th February - tickets for which are now scarce (London, Norwich, Bristol and the first Manchester date - 4th February - are now sold-out).
They then play a couple of dates in March in Inverness and Belfast (which went on sale today, before their biggest headline gig to date at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on 7th April. The, on 30th June, Hyde Park beckons where they will support the mighty Arcade Fire alongside Mumford and Sons and Beirut.
Tickets for their newly-added Belfast date are on sale now, priced at £11.75, with the Electric Ballroom gig going on sale tomorrow morning (Weds 26th Jan) at 9am, costing £12.50. Tickets for their Hyde Park - Arcade Fire support slot go on sale this Friday at 9am, costing £48. [Phew - I think I need a sit down after that! - Ed]
- Mon 2nd Apr 2018 The VaccinesConcorde 2 (Brighton)More Info..
- Tue 3rd Apr 2018 The VaccinesO2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Apr 2018 The VaccinesO2 Academy Bournemouth (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 The VaccinesThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Apr 2018 The VaccinesO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Apr 2018 The VaccinesManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Apr 2018 The VaccinesRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Apr 2018 The VaccinesO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 The VaccinesO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 The VaccinesAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Jul 2018 Community Festival, Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines, You ...Finsbury Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 Everything EverythingOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Everything EverythingUniversity of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Everything EverythingO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Mar 2018 Everything EverythingColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 Everything EverythingO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Everything EverythingBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 Everything EverythingO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Mar 2018 Everything EverythingAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 Arcade Fire3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Apr 2018 Arcade FireManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Apr 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 Arcade FireWembley SSE Arena (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Apr 2018 Arcade FireGenting/ NEC Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Apr 2018 Arcade FireSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 This is Tomorrow Festival, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Everyt...Spillers Wharf (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets