Tina Dico releases new album 'Welcome Back Colour' with February 2011 UK tour
Given that Tina Dico is one of her native Denmark's most successful recording artists, it is surprising that she does not enjoy a higher profile in the UK. Even more remarkable when you consider that she spent several years living in London and working with British collaborators.
But what's most shocking about Dico's modest profile on these shores is that she is so very good. After a brief but successful dalliance with Danish television, Tina Dico embarked on a career as a singer/songwriter around a decade ago - a career that sees the release of a seventh album on Valentine's Day. In that time Dico has enjoyed numerous successful creative collaborations, a Danish Grammy and a period of living in England's capital that gave her music a maturing sound.
Still just 32 and now having returned to live in Denmark, Tina Dico releases 'Welcome Back Colour' on the 14th February. It promises to be a collection of new songs, re-workings of favourites and some classics on one double-CD album. The album will underline not just her talent but also Dico's capacity for hard work, not least on the road. As a one-woman record company with a limited budget, the Dane has toured ceaselessly to take her music across Europe and to the US and she returns to the UK in February, to tour the new record.
The tour takes in nine dates in twelve days beginning at Birmingham's Glee Club on 16th February and closing at Norwich Arts Centre on the 27th. In between, Tina Dico will be visiting, amongst others, Manchester's iconic Band on the Wall venue (18th) and playing London's Cadogan Hall (23rd).
Tickets priced at £10 - £14 regionally (£17.50 for London) are on sale now.
You may be interested in
- Tue 29th Jan 2019 to Sat 9th Feb 2019 This Wild Life, William Ryan KeyBuy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 This Wild LifeThekla (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 and Mon 11th Feb 2019 Juanita SteinBuy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Jeremy LoopsRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Feb 2019 Hannah Jane LewisThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 to Sat 13th Apr 2019 Jack LukemanBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 Beth McCarthyFibbers (York)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Mar 2019 to Sat 20th Jul 2019 The KorgisBuy Tickets
- Mon 18th Mar 2019 to Sun 31st Mar 2019 Picture ThisBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Apr 2019 and Fri 5th Apr 2019 Hannah Sanders [pop]Buy Tickets
- Mon 8th Apr 2019 Hannah Sanders [pop], Ben SavageKingskerswell Parish Church (Newton Abbot)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Apr 2019 MahaliaO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)On SaleFri 25th Janat 10am
- Sun 28th Apr 2019 Martha TilstonThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets