Tina Dico releases new album 'Welcome Back Colour' with February 2011 UK tour
Given that Tina Dico is one of her native Denmark's most successful recording artists, it is surprising that she does not enjoy a higher profile in the UK. Even more remarkable when you consider that she spent several years living in London and working with British collaborators.
But what's most shocking about Dico's modest profile on these shores is that she is so very good. After a brief but successful dalliance with Danish television, Tina Dico embarked on a career as a singer/songwriter around a decade ago - a career that sees the release of a seventh album on Valentine's Day. In that time Dico has enjoyed numerous successful creative collaborations, a Danish Grammy and a period of living in England's capital that gave her music a maturing sound.
Still just 32 and now having returned to live in Denmark, Tina Dico releases 'Welcome Back Colour' on the 14th February. It promises to be a collection of new songs, re-workings of favourites and some classics on one double-CD album. The album will underline not just her talent but also Dico's capacity for hard work, not least on the road. As a one-woman record company with a limited budget, the Dane has toured ceaselessly to take her music across Europe and to the US and she returns to the UK in February, to tour the new record.
The tour takes in nine dates in twelve days beginning at Birmingham's Glee Club on 16th February and closing at Norwich Arts Centre on the 27th. In between, Tina Dico will be visiting, amongst others, Manchester's iconic Band on the Wall venue (18th) and playing London's Cadogan Hall (23rd).
Tickets priced at £10 - £14 regionally (£17.50 for London) are on sale now.
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Tina DicoUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Tue 1st May 2018 MahaliaBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 and Mon 12th Mar 2018 Joe DolmanBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 to Sat 31st Mar 2018 Turin Brakes: Invisible StormBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Mar 2018 Lucy FarrellThe Slaughtered Lamb (Clerkenwell)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Apr 2018 to Sat 7th Apr 2018 Jeremy LoopsBuy Tickets
- Mon 9th Apr 2018 to Thu 3rd May 2018 Bryan Ferry, Juanita SteinBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 Pete Riley81 Renshaw Street - The Arts Cafe Liverpool (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 Jack LukemanBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 to Thu 7th Jun 2018 Tom Clarke, Joe DolmanBuy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 Liverpool SoundCity, DMA's, The Slow Readers Club, Picture T...Various Liverpool Venues (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 to Sun 3rd Jun 2018 Hannah SandersBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Roo PanesO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 World Island, Loyle Carner, Nightmares On Wax, Yellow Days, ...Globe Road (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Tom Clarke, Joe Dolman, Billy BibbyThe Ironworks (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Belsonic, Picture ThisOrmeau Park (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 and Wed 20th Jun 2018 Picture This, Live at the MarqueeBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Summer in the City: Picture This, Clean Bandit, J.P. Cooper, Little HoursRDS Arena [Royal Dublin Society] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Kaleidoscope Festival, The Flaming Lips, Ghostpoet, Mystery ...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th Aug 2018 The Weather StationCluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Sep 2018 to Fri 5th Oct 2018 Joan ArmatradingBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Sun 23rd Sep 2018 José González, Jesca HoopBuy Tickets