Tina Dico releases new album 'Welcome Back Colour' with February 2011 UK tour
Given that Tina Dico is one of her native Denmark's most successful recording artists, it is surprising that she does not enjoy a higher profile in the UK. Even more remarkable when you consider that she spent several years living in London and working with British collaborators.
But what's most shocking about Dico's modest profile on these shores is that she is so very good. After a brief but successful dalliance with Danish television, Tina Dico embarked on a career as a singer/songwriter around a decade ago - a career that sees the release of a seventh album on Valentine's Day. In that time Dico has enjoyed numerous successful creative collaborations, a Danish Grammy and a period of living in England's capital that gave her music a maturing sound.
Still just 32 and now having returned to live in Denmark, Tina Dico releases 'Welcome Back Colour' on the 14th February. It promises to be a collection of new songs, re-workings of favourites and some classics on one double-CD album. The album will underline not just her talent but also Dico's capacity for hard work, not least on the road. As a one-woman record company with a limited budget, the Dane has toured ceaselessly to take her music across Europe and to the US and she returns to the UK in February, to tour the new record.
The tour takes in nine dates in twelve days beginning at Birmingham's Glee Club on 16th February and closing at Norwich Arts Centre on the 27th. In between, Tina Dico will be visiting, amongst others, Manchester's iconic Band on the Wall venue (18th) and playing London's Cadogan Hall (23rd).
Tickets priced at £10 - £14 regionally (£17.50 for London) are on sale now.
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Tina DicoUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 and Fri 19th Oct 2018 MahaliaBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Turin Brakes, Eliza ShaddadBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Mon 29th Oct 2018 Joan ArmatradingBuy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 The Travelling Band, Chloe FoyPaper Dress Vintage (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 and Sun 4th Nov 2018 Annie DressnerBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Chloe FoyGullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 to Sun 25th Nov 2018 Martha TilstonBuy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Lucy FarrellThe Slaughtered Lamb (Clerkenwell)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Hannah Sanders [pop]The Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 to Sun 25th Nov 2018 Juanita SteinBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Anne-Marie, Mahalia, Kojey Radical: Speak Your MindBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Hannah TrigwellThe Sailmakers Arms (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 London Jazz Festival, Melody GardotRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 to Sat 13th Apr 2019 Jack LukemanBuy Tickets
- Tue 29th Jan 2019 to Sat 9th Feb 2019 This Wild Life, William Ryan KeyBuy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 This Wild LifeThekla (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Jeremy LoopsRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Mar 2019 The Korgis100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets