Tina Dico releases new album 'Welcome Back Colour' with February 2011 UK tour
Given that Tina Dico is one of her native Denmark's most successful recording artists, it is surprising that she does not enjoy a higher profile in the UK. Even more remarkable when you consider that she spent several years living in London and working with British collaborators.
But what's most shocking about Dico's modest profile on these shores is that she is so very good. After a brief but successful dalliance with Danish television, Tina Dico embarked on a career as a singer/songwriter around a decade ago - a career that sees the release of a seventh album on Valentine's Day. In that time Dico has enjoyed numerous successful creative collaborations, a Danish Grammy and a period of living in England's capital that gave her music a maturing sound.
Still just 32 and now having returned to live in Denmark, Tina Dico releases 'Welcome Back Colour' on the 14th February. It promises to be a collection of new songs, re-workings of favourites and some classics on one double-CD album. The album will underline not just her talent but also Dico's capacity for hard work, not least on the road. As a one-woman record company with a limited budget, the Dane has toured ceaselessly to take her music across Europe and to the US and she returns to the UK in February, to tour the new record.
The tour takes in nine dates in twelve days beginning at Birmingham's Glee Club on 16th February and closing at Norwich Arts Centre on the 27th. In between, Tina Dico will be visiting, amongst others, Manchester's iconic Band on the Wall venue (18th) and playing London's Cadogan Hall (23rd).
Tickets priced at £10 - £14 regionally (£17.50 for London) are on sale now.
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Tina DicoUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 25th Apr 2018 to Thu 3rd May 2018 Bryan Ferry, Juanita SteinBuy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 to Thu 12th Jul 2018 Jack LukemanBuy Tickets
- Tue 1st May 2018 MahaliaScala (Kings Cross)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 to Wed 26th Sep 2018 Tom Clarke, Joe DolmanBuy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 Liverpool SoundCity, DMA's, The Slow Readers Club, Picture T...Various Liverpool Venues (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 to Fri 20th Jul 2018 Hannah SandersBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Thu 31st May 2018 Allman BrownBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 Dot to Dot, The Horrors, Cassia, Marika Hackman, Pale Waves,...Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Allman Brown, Liz LawrenceThe Cuban Embassy (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 World Island, Loyle Carner, Nightmares On Wax, Yellow Days, ...Globe Road (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Tom Clarke, Joe Dolman, Billy BibbyThe Ironworks (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 The Shades [UK]Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 to Wed 6th Jun 2018 Bentley CaldwellBuy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Belsonic, Picture ThisOrmeau Park (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 and Wed 20th Jun 2018 Picture This, Live at the MarqueeBuy Tickets
- Thu 21st Jun 2018 Roo PanesO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Summer in the City: Picture This, Clean Bandit, J.P. Cooper, Little HoursRDS Arena [Royal Dublin Society] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Kaleidoscope Festival, The Flaming Lips, Ghostpoet, Mystery ...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd Aug 2018 Palace, Chic, My Baby, Mahalia, Kamasi Washington, Joy Crook...Cornbury Park (Chipping Norton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Tue 28th Aug 2018 The Weather StationBuy Tickets
- Sun 16th Sep 2018 to Fri 5th Oct 2018 Joan Armatrading: Not Too far AwayBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Sun 23rd Sep 2018 José González, Jesca HoopBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Turin BrakesOn SaleFri 27th Aprat 10am
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Lucy FarrellThe Slaughtered Lamb (Clerkenwell)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Hannah TrigwellKardomah94 (Hull)Buy Tickets