Wembley Arena NME Awards Big Gig 2011 to feature Foo Fighters as headliners
Yes indeed, it really is true - Foo Fighters have announced a major arena date for next month as part of the NME Awards events. The date is 25th February, the place is Wembley Arena and the whole thing will be tagged the NME Awards Big Gig, just in case you hadn't thought of calling it that already!
Tickets for their first arena date of 2011 will go on public sale at 9am this Friday, costing £40 and, if you tried to get places at their Milton Keynes double-header or the Isle of Wight shindigs, you will be better organized this time, right?
Band of Horses, Cee-Lo Green and No Age have all been confirmed for the big night, the first of whom I can heartily recommend as a band to see live, really excellent. But the real catch is obviously Grohl and the boys giving it plenty of FF action, some of which is bound to be taken from their new album.
Dave Grohl has been voted 'Godlike Genius' by the NME, an award he will pick up a couple of days before the Big Gig at the NME Shockwaves Awards ceremony in Brixton.
- Sat 17th Aug 2019 Summer Sessions, Foo FightersBellahouston Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Aug 2019 Foo FightersBoucher Playing Fields (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Aug 2019 Foo FightersRDS Arena [Royal Dublin Society] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Leeds Festival, Foo Fighters, Bastille, The Distillers, Not3...Bramham Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 Reading Festival, Foo Fighters, Bastille, The Distillers, No...Little John's Farm (Reading)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 20th Jun 2019 Band of HorsesO2 Academy Oxford (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Jun 2019 Band of HorsesO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets