They ain't heavy, they're Brother and they're on the road in 2011
With The Fratellis on indefinite hiatus, the search for another arena-filling singalong rock band is on. Apparently, the serious contender to the title is Slough-bred foursome, Brother. Brother are hailed as 'new stars of 2011' by NME, with their Britpop leanings (the clothes, the sprechgesang and the attitude borrowed from the "Manchester scene" [quote]) and rebaptised 'Gritpop' because twenty years have passed, and cheeky front-man Lee Newell feels Brother have written the best songs in rock (!!!) [hang on - they also proclaim QPR as 'the home of football'! - Ed], with two of those being 'Time Machine' and 'Darling Buds of May'.
The quartet have a two-legged UK tour in the works with the first leg taking place between 13th February and 22nd February, via the cities of Leicester (13th) , Wrexham (16th) , Manchester (18th) and Cambridge (21st), with sold out shows in Leeds, Birmingham and London, and the second leg in April from the 11th through to the 19th, stopping by Reading, Yeovil, York, Sheffield, Glasgow and Dublin, among others.
In the meantime, they will play support to The Streets (from 23rd February to 12th March) and will showcase at South by South West in mid-March as well as playing a slot at this year's Isle of Wight Festival.
Can they walk the talk? You decide: it will cost you just under a tenner for the opportunity to assess.
You may be interested in
- Mon 16th Apr 2018 and Tue 17th Apr 2018 The StreetsOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Apr 2018 The Streets: The Darker The Shadow The Brighter The LightO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 The Streets: The Darker The Shadow The Brighter The LightO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Apr 2018 The Streets: The Darker The Shadow The Brighter The LightO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Apr 2018 The Streets: The Darker The Shadow The Brighter The LightO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Apr 2018 to Fri 27th Apr 2018 The Streets: The Darker The Shadow The Brighter The LightO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 21st Jun 2018 to Sun 24th Jun 2018 Isle of Wight FestivalSeaclose Park (Newport [Isle of Wight])Buy Tickets