Three pairs of tickets to see 'Comedy of Ashes', featuring Rufus Hound
Just a few weeks back, if I were to say to you: "fancy going to the Forum in Kentish Town where a bunch of Australian comedians are going to laugh at their English counterparts?", with the prospect of Australia winning the Ashes... yet again. You may well, have found that you would be busy "washing your hair" or some other really important diversion.
What a difference a few weeks and some spiffy batting and bowling make, eh? Now, you would march proudly to Kentish Town in your slippers, with pipe in mouth, bulldog at your side, ready to sup a pint of John Smith's and wallow in the glory of being British!
'Comedy of Ashes' is the rematch, comedy style, featuring umpire and TV regular Rufus Hound, with England represented by comedians Adam Bloom (Time Out comedy award-winner) and Gordon Southern (The Comedy Network). "Batting" for Australia are wrestler-turned-comedian Colin Cole and Matthew Hardy (recently voted Australia's best comic). The winners on the night will be presented with a "Comedy of Ashes" urn, presumably no less spectacular than the real thing.
Tickets for the event are a reasonable £15, with the whole thing starting at 6pm, finishing at 11pm and absolutely no chance of rain stopping play. If this is all sounding good, and you fancy winning one of three pairs of tickets to see the event, then see the rules of play, below.
Perhaps the easiest way to enter the competition is via Facebook (provided you are a Facebook user, that is), all you need to do is pop along to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/allgigs), become a fan - if not already, and comment "Owzat" on the Lemmy at those goodies" on the " Three pairs of tickets to see 'Comedy of Ashes', featuring Rufus Hound " entry in our "Notes" tab.
Facebook winners will be notified via Facebook, so make sure your settings make you "contactable".
Not On Facebook?
If you're not a Facebook user, you can enter by clicking the Enter Competition button, at the bottom of this article. You will be required to enter your email, full name and region (you will not be spammed or added to any kind of mailing list!).
Entrants from UK/ Ireland Only!
We'll only accept entrants from the UK and Ireland (Eire) - sorry!
The competition is a prize draw with the winner chosen at random. Closing date is Wednesday 19th January 2011 at midnight. Good luck!
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
You may be interested in
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Kieran HodgsonBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 to Sat 26th Jan 2019 Adam HessBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 to Wed 27th Feb 2019 Shappi KhorsandiBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 to Sat 26th Jan 2019 Lost Voice GuyBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 to Wed 27th Feb 2019 Alfie BrownBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th Jan 2019 Daniel SlossO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th Jan 2019 Sam AveryLeicester Square Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Sarah Keyworth: Dark HorseBuy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 Matt Forde: Brexit through the Gift ShopThe Other Palace (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st Jan 2019 to Sat 9th Feb 2019 Jayde AdamsBuy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Live at the Chapel, Sara Pascoe, Fin TaylorUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Feb 2019 to Sat 9th Feb 2019 Fin TaylorBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Feb 2019 to Thu 7th Feb 2019 Zoe LyonsBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Feb 2019 to Thu 14th Feb 2019 Adam Riches: The Guy Who...Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Feb 2019 to Mon 25th Feb 2019 Richard Herring: Leicester Square Theatre PodcastBuy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 Jamali Maddix, Reginald D Hunter100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 to Sat 16th Feb 2019 Stephen K Amos: Bouquets and BrickbatsBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 and Sat 9th Feb 2019 John Hastings [comedy]Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Hackney Comedy Experience: Tim Key, John Robins, Tom Rosenthal [comedian], Jamali Maddi...EartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 and Sat 9th Feb 2019 Terry AldertonBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 BasketmouthIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Feb 2019 Russell Kane: The Fast and the CuriousBeck Theatre (Hayes)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Feb 2019 Scott CapurroThe Honor Oak (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Feb 2019 to Sat 16th Feb 2019 Jamali MaddixBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 Paul FootLeicester Square Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 Sara PascoeBush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Dave GormanRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Luisa Omielan, Valentine's EventO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 Tim Key, John KearnsThe MCT At Alleyn's (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Mon 18th Feb 2019 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Kiri Pritchard-McleanBuy Tickets
- Tue 19th Feb 2019 Bobby MairThe Honor Oak (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Feb 2019 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Laura LexxBuy Tickets
- Wed 20th Feb 2019 The Brit Awards, Jack WhitehallThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Feb 2019 Paul SinhaThe Red Rose Comedy Club (London)Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Feb 2019 to Thu 28th Feb 2019 Lou SandersBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Feb 2019 to Wed 27th Feb 2019 James Acaster: Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Feb 2019 Whindersson NunesIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Feb 2019 to Sat 2nd Mar 2019 Marcus BrigstockeBuy Tickets