The Codfathers return - Fishbone bring the punk-funk back to the UK for spring 2011 tour
As puns go, I could have used Skaface or Never Mind the Scallops - just be thankful I didn't. Either way, it's great to see Fishbone still pumping up the funk, the punk and the deadly ska rhythms and news of new material has already been greeted with minor hysteria on their website.
To summarize, Fishbone gave metal and rock music a much-needed shot of energy with a few albums during the late '80s to mid '90s, around the same time as Red Hot Chili Peppers. However, the UK didn't take to this intense band in quite the same way as their homeland, although it could be argued that the second album, "Truth and Soul" released in 1988, was one of the fore-running hybrids of metal, ska and funk that can be found in Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Less than Jake, Skindred and Reel Big Fish tunes.
Now the band is back with new songs (they're in the studio at present) and set to play some dates around the UK, starting Southampton on 28th April, followed by Newcastle, Glasgow, Leicester, Cardiff and finally (for now) Norwich on 4th May. Prices range from £12.77 (cheers VAT-man) to £15 and are on sale now. As yet no London date has been forthcoming but we'll keep you posted!
- Fri 10th Aug 2018 FishboneAudio (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Dan Reed, Danny Vaughn: Snake Oil and HarmonyBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 and Wed 28th Mar 2018 Dan ReedBuy Tickets
- Tue 17th Apr 2018 and Wed 18th Apr 2018 Ugly Kid JoeBuy Tickets
- Thu 19th Apr 2018 to Sat 21st Apr 2018 Ugly Kid Joe, Phil Campbell [Motorhead]Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 Lenny Kravitz: Raise VibrationBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 George Clinton, Funkadelic, ParliamentBuy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 to Mon 15th Oct 2018 Glenn Hughes: Classic Deep PurpleBuy Tickets