Joly boy's outing - you are welcome to join Dom Joly wherever he is on 2011 UK tour
Posted: 6th January 2011
Cast your mind back to the end of the last century and the successful Channel 4 TV series, "Trigger Happy". The voice blasting "I'M ON THE PHONE!" into a mammoth sized mobile was the man on tour later this year, Dom Joly.
Since that series ended, he's been everywhere - literally. From Chernobyl to North Korea, Switzerland to Belgium and Britain to the Australian jungle (he appeared in the recent series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" but 'only' reached fourth place), there aren't many enclaves left where you could get arrested dressed as a yeti ('tis true).
As well as his travelling, he has been blogging like mad for The Independent where he most recently revealed his exploits in Indonesia, mainly revolving around teaching his daughter to scuba-dive and observing seahorses. No doubt Joly will broach the subject, and many others, on his upcoming tour entitled "Welcome to Wherever I am". The premise of the show is simple - holiday snaps and humorous anecdotal recall with a bit of sharp-tongued wit, Dom Joly-style, with unlikely destinations and bizarre situations abound.
The tour takes in a very unlikely towns (Bedford doesn't crop up on our concert radar too often), as well as Richmond (London - opening night on 1st May), Leicester, Edinburgh and Warrington (there's another one), before ending up in Cambridge for two nights at the end of July. Tickets cost £19.50 - £20.50 and are available now.
- Sun 6th Sep 2020 Dom Joly The Plough Arts Centre - Torrington (Devon) Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Apr 2021 Dom Joly Leadmill (Sheffield) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Apr 2021 Dom Joly Revelation - St Mary's Church (Ashford) Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th May 2021 Dom Joly Whitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay) Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Oct 2021 Dom Joly Little Theatre (Chorley) Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Nov 2021 Dom Joly Launceston Town Hall (Cornwall) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Nov 2021 Dom Joly Exeter Corn Exchange (St George's Hall) (Exeter) Buy Tickets