Charlotte Street Blues - another London venue bites the dust
We have just received news that the blues venue Charlotte Street Blues - London has just closed its doors for good.
The venue hit the gig scene in June 2009, and seemed to be well-timed, with there being a bit of a resurgence of late in alternative blues music, as witnessed by the rise of bands such as The White Stripes, The Black Keys and even the 'thrown together' band The Diddlers, featuring members of The Horrors, Electricity In Our Homes and S.C.U.M - a tribute to the late Bo Diddley, apparently - who recently played the venue just off of Goodge Street.
The venue did have a few events pending until the end of the year, which have now of course been cancelled and you are advised to contact your point of purchase in order to obtain a refund.
Staying alive in the music business is not an easy thing these days, as witnessed by the many venue closures this year, which almost claimed the life of the legendary 100 Club - Westminster, whose battle has possibly been won, what with the high profile campaign to save it.
The venue operators posted this notice on their website:
It is with great sadness that we are unable to operate Charlotte St. Blues any longer. We would like to thank all our customers, musicians, staff and suppliers for supporting us so well over the past year. We hope to bring you something equally special in the near future. Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be interested in
- Sun 27th May 2018 The Bevis Frond, Jazz Butcher100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 The Original Gary Moore Band100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 David Devant & his Spirit Wife100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 Bardo Pond, The Oscillation100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 The Primitives100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 Lucky Peterson100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets