Viva Glasvegas! - Acclaimed Scottish rockers are back with Scottish 2011 tour
Posted: 26th November 2010
Talk about shrouded in mystery - it seems that Glasvegas haven't quite got round to updating their network in the slightest, despite announcing a new swath of dates in their homeland next year. Good job we're here, then.
The Glaswegian trio (Caroline McKay left the band earlier this year) have lined up eight dates in a few far-flung corners of Scotland, beginning with Kirkwall (Orkney) on 6th January, followed by Wick, Forres, Oban, Dunoon, Troon, Hawick and finally Dunfermline on 15th. Tickets cost around £14.50 and are due on sale this Saturday at 10am.
Rab, James and Paul have been working on a follow-up to their successful debut-album, which appeared in 2008 and spawned a few memorable anthems in "Daddy's Gone", "Geraldine" and "It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry". It also earned them a few award-nominations, most notably the Mercury Music Prize and Mojo Breakthrough Act in 2009 (they did successfully win XFM and NME awards during the same year, however).
Depending on how well the homeland gigs go, we can expect a few more UK dates to be announced for South of the border (eh, lads?), probably nearer the release of album number two (currently pencilled in for Spring 2011).
- Sat 7th Dec 2019 Glasvegas 100 Club (Westminster) Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Dec 2019 Glasvegas Soup Kitchen (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Dec 2019 Glasvegas Town Hall Theatre (Hartlepool) Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Dec 2019 Glasvegas Old Fire Station (Carlisle) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Aug 2020 Glasvegas Holmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire) On Sale Fri 6th Dec at 10:00am