Paws for thought : Animal Collective to curate May 2011 All Tomorrow's Parties [ATP]
All Tomorrow's Parties have announced the May 2011 ATP Festival line-up and those responsible for its assembly - Animal Collective. Having impressed the organizers with their eclectic album "Merriweather Post Pavilion" (and just a few fans and critics to boot), the American left-fielders have been served with the task of filling a long weekend in Minehead next spring - and it certainly looks like a fascinating line-up so far. Boys, you have taste, but we'll come to that in a bit.
The festival is scheduled to run from 13th-15th May at the usual Butlins Holiday Centre with tickets ready to go on sale from tomorrow morning (Friday 29th October) at 9am. Prices will be £145 plus fees for a very limited time, either until 5th November or until they run out.
From 6th November (or from when the Early Birds sell out), tickets will then rise to £165 until our wonderful government slaps VAT increases all over the place in January, from which time they will increase to £175. Add £10 if you require self-catering facilities.
There will also be instalment tickets available to anyone wishing to hire a 4-berth room, whereby each person pays a £65/£75 deposit (£260 per room/£300 per self-catering room) and pays the rest before the end of January (it works out at £107.50 each).
So, what about that amazing line-up? Aside from Animal Collective themselves, you have a few other unworldly experimental bands such as Gang Gang Dance, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Black Dice and Broadcast plus eccentric dub-reggae master Lee Scratch Perry. Also appearing will be post-country, pre-grungers Meat Puppets performing their classic SST album "Up On The Sun", the not-dissimilar The Frogs (adored by Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins) playing the album "It's Only Right & Natural" and Spectrum. More to be announced in the coming weeks.
You may be interested in
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 Ariel PinkThe Button Factory (Temple Bar)Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Aug 2018 Phoenix, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Nils Frahm, Jungle, The Lemon...Le Fort De Saint-Pere (France)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Toots and the Maytals, The English Beat feat. Dave Wakeling,...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Lee Scratch PerryThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Lee Scratch PerryDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Lee Scratch PerryJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets