Deerhunter are certainly not in a rut - acclaimed alt-rockers to tour the UK in March 2011
It seems that 4AD can do no wrong at the moment with success after success, critically at least. Having scored acclaim from the press for albums by The National, Broken Records, Stornoway and Blonde Redhead, they seem to have struck gold with the new set by Deerhunter, their second for the Wandsworth-based label.
"Halcyon Digest" was released last week as the follow-up to the 2008 double-set "Microcastle" and contains a tribute to the late US rocker Jay Reatard ("He Would Have Laughed") as well as download freebie "Revival" and possible next single (a video is already due to do the rounds) "Helicopter".
The band has now announced a UK tour for early next year which now starts in Belfast on 26th March, followed by Glasgow (28th), Leeds (29th), Manchester (30th) and the Shepherd's Bush Empire on the 31st. Tickets are available now and cost £13 (£14 for London) plus fees.
If you saw Spoon on tour last year, you may have witnessed Deerhunter supporting them on a date or two - now it seems only right that they bring their earnest DIY alt-rock sound out as a headliner.
- Fri 25th May 2018 DeerhunterKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Unknown Mortal Orchestra, DeerhunterAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 DeerhunterConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 Broken RecordsThe Tooth And Claw (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Thu 10th May 2018 Broken RecordsBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th May 2018 Broken RecordsNight People (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 Broken RecordsStereo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 APE Presents, The National, The War On Drugs, Cat Power, Pub...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 and Sat 16th Jun 2018 The NationalDonnybrook Stadium (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 NOS Alive, Queens of the Stone Age, The NationalPasseio Marítimo de Algés (Lisbon)Buy Tickets