Andre Rieu overcomes illness to announce rescheduled UK and Ireland tour for Spring 2011
The renowned classical violinist Andre Rieu was due to tour the UK and Ireland during September but illness struck the king of the waltz down and prevented him from appearing, much to his (and your) disappointment.
The tour has now been rescheduled and the details are as follows with the postponed corresponding date in brackets. Andre will now play Newcastle on 19th April (replacing 30th September), London's O2 on 20th April (22nd Sep), Manchester on 21st April (29th Sep), Birmingham on 22nd April (23rd Sep), Dublin on 26th April (25th Sep) and finally Belfast on 27th April (27th Sep). Tickets are on sale now for the new concerts, priced from £45.80 upwards.
Pretty much all of his Australian tour was also affected by the disruptive lurgy (he will continue to Oz after the UK), so hopefully his exploration into the world of Strauss (with special guests) will continue unabated in 2011.
You may be interested in
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 Ara MalikianBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Apr 2018 to Fri 27th Apr 2018 Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk [ROH]Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 Itzhak Perlman, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra: The Mozart RequiemRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 to Sat 19th May 2018 Nigel Kennedy: Bach meets Kennedy Meets GershwinBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Birmingham Classical, Maxim Vengerov: Bruch and TchaikovskySymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Jun 2018 and Thu 28th Jun 2018 City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, Nicola Benedetti: ShostakovichBuy Tickets