People to see, places to go - Suzanne Vega announces close-up UK dates for autumn 2010
Posted: 16th September 2010
Earlier this year, Suzanne Vega released an album entitled "Close-Up Volume 1: Love Songs", which featured stripped-back versions of favourite poignant songs from her catalogue.
As promised, she is now preparing for the October release of the second volumes subtitled "People and Places", due on the 12th to be exact. This new collection will again sample well-known classics such as "Luka", "In Liverpool" and "Tom's Diner", as well as her songwriting collaboration with the late Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse) and Dangermouse, "The Man Who Played God".
Vega will also return to the UK for a few more dates that will no doubt feature songs from both "Close-Up" volumes thus far, starting with Manchester's Hard Rock Cafe on 21st October and continuing to Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff and finally the splendid Cadogan Hall in London. Tickets are on sale now, priced from £20 (Glasgow) to £27.50 (London) plus fees.
Expect an intimate evening with Vega, a guitar and requests from the audience (best to wait when she asks though, eh?).
- Sat 6th Feb 2021 Suzanne Vega Theatre Royal (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Feb 2021 Suzanne Vega Barbican (City of London) Buy Tickets
- Mon 8th Feb 2021 Suzanne Vega The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Feb 2021 Suzanne Vega Birmingham Town Hall (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Jul 2021 Summer Nights at the Bandstand, Suzanne Vega Kelvingrove Park (Glasgow) Buy Tickets