Chris Cunningham tests the realms of the senses with second Roundhouse performance
He scared the living daylights out of MTV programmers back in the 90s with his iconic and disturbing video-work with Aphex Twin - "Windowlicker" and "Come To Daddy", but they came round eventually, especially after "Windowlicker" earned a BRIT nomination in 2000. Other works include the really quite amazing "All Is Full Of Love" (Bjork) and "Frozen" (Madonna).
Nowadays Cunningham mixes his busy time with adverts (remember the scary wide-faced girl on the Playstation ads a few years back?), short films and photography as well as the occasional music-promo such as The Horrors' "Sheena is a Pirate" in 2008.
This year, Cunningham has been working on a completely new untitled audio-visual show, with live performances selling out pretty damn quickly. The Royal Festival Hall date in the spring sold out - so just how ARE you going to witness this incredible new stuff? I'll tell you - Chris Cunningham has announced a return to the Roundhouse in February 2011 and tickets are now available priced at £25 plus fees.
Expect a brand-new audio-visual blitz, accompanied by supporting slots from Factory Floor and 16-Bit.
And just to remind you just how the marriage of video and the scary Twin is matched up by Cunningham, peek at the classic we've embedded just up there...it's not for the faint-hearted...
You may be interested in
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Eden Sessions, BjörkThe Eden Project (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Citadel Festival, Tame Impala, CHVRCHES, Leon Bridges, Fat W...Gunnersbury Park (Ealing)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Standon Calling, Bryan Ferry, Goldfrapp, The Horrors, Gaz Co...Standon (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Suede, The HorrorsEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Factory FloorHeadrow House (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Hookworms, Factory FloorO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets