Caught in the crossfire - The Killers' Brandon Flowers announces first solo dates, autumn 2010
Mention The Killers to most music fans and most will 'umm' and 'ahh' about later material such as "Day & Age", many will nod towards "Sam's Town" with approval and, with the current wave of 80s-retro copyists around at the moment, most will doff a respectful cap towards "Hot Fuss", citing it as well ahead of that decade's current resurgence.
So what does frontman Brandon Flowers' solo stuff sound like? A mixture of all three Killers periods, to be honest, highlighted by the new hit-single, "Crossfire" (currently a Top 20 smash). There is an album called "Flamingo" on the way, along with plans for a follow-up single (possibly "Swallow It") - all of which feature legendary U2 and Eno-collaborator Daniel Lanois at the production-helm.
Inevitably, Flowers is going out on the road and so far has announced an October UK tour, starting on 12th October in Glasgow, calling at Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, London and Birmingham. He is also playing at the Garage next Wednesday (8th Sep) for an intimate competition-winning one-off date. Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am, priced at around £29.50 plus additionals. Needless to say, Brandon IS a hot ticket so get in quick.
You may be interested in
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 U2: eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCEBuy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 New OrderAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 StarsailorBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 Fireball - Fuelling The Fire, Flogging Molly, The Bronx, Fac...Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Dec 2018 The FillersThe Flowerpot (Derby)Buy Tickets