UNKLE get Relentless with new film, soundtrack and November 2010 Brixton date confirmed
James Lavelle and his UNKLE project has proved to be an enduring entity - nothing wrong with that, we say. It seems that the energy-drink manufacturers Relentless feel pretty much the same way, because they have hooked up with Lavelle for a spot of soundtrack creation for a film he is also starring in. Hey it IS a deep recession after all so why the heck not?
The film in question is, strictly-speaking, a documentary that follows the lives, the passions and the striving for ultimate perfection and achievement of contemporary artists and sports persons. This is the second in the series - the first featured French Olympic extreme-snowboarder, Xavier de la Rue, big-wave surfer Tom Lowe and hard-punksters Gallows. Rather than gabble on about the work itself, "Lives of the Artists" concentrates on the performers themselves as they face adversity in creating their art. Sounds pretentious? Not a bit of it - it's all about achieving, not the usual self-inflicted misery or 'oh look at me, I've had such a hard life, I'm such a loser'-type panderings.
In this new documentary entitled "Lives of the Artists 2: Follow Me Down", UNKLE's James Lavelle reveals what makes him tick, as well as providing some excellent-sounding film-music throughout. Xavier de la Rue also features alongside fellow snow-rider Jeremy Jones against a stunning Antartica backdrop of mountains (they scale them first) and glistening ice and snow (they snowboard down it later on), earning them the oft-used description: "you mad bastards". It certainly seems to live up to the drink's attitude to extreme sports - Relentless NASS/ Boardmasters/ Wakestock mean anything to you?
UNKLE themselves have a special Brixton date up for grabs now- they play the Academy on 19th November and tickets cost £21.50 plus fees. Chances are you'll hear the odd passage from this film as well as the usual array of UNKLE classics, including material from the recent album "Where Did The Night Fall".
Meanwhile an exclusive UNKLE track from the film, "Set No Sun", has been uploaded on the Relentless site at www.relentlessenergy.com - register first, though!
You may be interested in
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Camille O'SullivanBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 808 State, Lone: 30Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 and Mon 31st Dec 2018 Mr ScruffBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Sat 20th Apr 2019 Robbie McIntoshBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 A Peaceful Noise, Tom Grennan, The Hunna, Liela Moss, John K...Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 Mr Scruff, In:MotionMotion/ The Marble Factory (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Honey RyderFulford Village Hall (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 SevdalizaBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 James HoldenRoyal Exchange Theatre (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 to Sun 3rd Feb 2019 Liela MossBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 and Fri 14th Dec 2018 Cibo MattoBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 The Warehouse Project, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Crazy P, Kr...WHP Store Street (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Dec 2018 DubfireGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 to Sun 3rd Feb 2019 Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World - Be More KindBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 and Wed 30th Jan 2019 Jimmy Eat WorldBuy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 to Sat 2nd Mar 2019 Massive AttackBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 FLUNK100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Feb 2019 to Sun 17th Feb 2019 Neneh CherryBuy Tickets
- Thu 21st Feb 2019 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Start To EndBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Mar 2019 to Tue 26th Mar 2019 KT TunstallBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Damo SuzukiThe Continental (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 All Points East, Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Primal Scream,...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets