What's in your diary, Angelos? - Shooting Stars funnyman Angelos Epithemiou announces Xmas 2010 events
"I've got a loada concerts comin' up right? And I'd love you lot to turn up, that's if you can be bovvered. Thing is, I don't wanna leave the burger van unattended in case it gets fire-bombed and stuff and I don't wanna open up with a char-grilled salad bar and a sticky air-filter. Plus all me selection of flavoured milks will get pretty rank - anyway, I rotate me stock on a regular basis, every month with a 'D' in it and banana-flavour is a bugger to shift at the best of times". You can almost hear him say it.....
Renton Skinner's eccentric, bespectacled and burger-van owning alter-ego Angelos has proved to be an instant hit as the score-keeper (yeah, right) on Vic and Bob's "Shooting Stars", surpassing the heights that George Dawes reached whilst wearing a big nappy. "What's in your bag, Angelos?" is sure to become a catchphrase for a generation, but for now the character chases Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka for her affections in vain. That's when he's not playing gigs of course.
Next month, he appears with Reginald D Hunter at the Greenwich Comedy Festival (10th Sep - tickets still available at £18.50) and then takes a short break before headlining a series of comedy 'Xmas Events' and which will involve special guests, comedy songs and magic. So far the dates include Hull on 5th December, London's Bloomsbury (7th) and the HMV Institute in Birmingham (8th - oh yes, we'll be doing a round-up of this venue pretty soon). Tickets are available and cost £5 for Hull, £18.50 for Bloomsbury and £15 for Birmingham (plus the usual fees).
Meanwhile, the BBC have installed a webcam in Angelos' flat - you can watch it by logging onto their comedy blog pages at www.bbc.com . In his own words "Press the Feedback button to watch - and leave a comment of your own, although be warned: I may actually get back to you".
You may also be interested in
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 Ross Noble: El HabladorBuy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Milton Jones, Jarred Christmas, Kiri Pritchard-McleanJust The Tonic (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Dylan Moran: Dr CosmosBuy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 to Thu 20th Dec 2018 Diane ChorleyBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 Bridget ChristieBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Mike MilliganThe Forum (Darlington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 Russell Brand: Re:BirthOpera House (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 to Fri 8th Feb 2019 Tony LawBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Nov 2018 to Thu 6th Dec 2018 Tom AllenBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 Ivan BrackenburyMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 to Fri 1st Mar 2019 Milton JonesBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Nov 2018 Seymour Mace, Hilarity Bites Comedy ClubHole in the Wall (Darlington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Nina ContiHansom Hall (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 to Sun 31st Mar 2019 Mrs Barbara NiceBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 and Tue 20th Nov 2018 Jasper Carrott, Alistair McGowanBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Sun 14th Apr 2019 Lee NelsonBuy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 to Mon 17th Jun 2019 Bill BaileyBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 James Acaster, Mae Martin, Ed Gamble, Simon MunneryBloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 to Sun 13th Jan 2019 Snow White featuring Dawn French, Dawn French, Julian Clary,...Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 Jim Davidson, Jethro, Bobby Davro, Mick MillerEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Dec 2018 to Thu 11th Jul 2019 Al MurrayBuy Tickets
- Mon 17th Dec 2018 An evening of music and entertainment in memory of Chas Hodges: In Memory Of Chas Hodges, Dave Peacock, Joe Brown, Albert Le...O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th Jan 2019 David WalliamsBloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Simon MunneryBuy Tickets
- Tue 15th Oct 2019 to Wed 6th Nov 2019 Tim Minchin: BackBuy Tickets