Join the masons - Beta Band man Steve Mason hits the road in support of 2010 solo debut
The popular Scottish outfit The Beta Band gathered up many admirers during their 9-year stint, but none more so than lead-singer and songwriter, Steve Mason. He has recorded music as King Biscuit Time and Black Affair, but now returns as good old Steve Mason, with an acclaimed debut album entitled "Boys Outside". The album appeared in May, although there is now a new single on the horizon to sweeten your ears until his upcoming October tour (when another single gets a release)
"Am I Just A man" is released on Monday in many remixed forms, the straight version of which you can view right here. Other remixes are provided by Hot Chip's Alexis and Studio and a 12" single release will accompany the download version [you can download/ stream it for free from SoundCloud - check the 'Am I Just a Man [SoundCloud]' link to the right - Ed].
His live activity continues with free in-store acoustic set at Monorail in Glasgow next week from 7PM, then he plays Edinburgh Edge Festival on Wednesday and a gig in Leeds (19th), before hitting a few festivals (The Green Man, Electric Picnic and Bestival 2010) and then embarking on a second tour in October. He begins this leg in Bristol on 13th October, taking in Nottingham, Manchester and London before ending up in Liverpool on the 22nd with tickets costing £10 upwards plus fees.
You may be interested in
- Thu 2nd Aug 2018 and Sun 5th Aug 2018 BestivalLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Aug 2018 Bestival, Silk CityLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Aug 2018 Bestival, London GrammarLulworth Castle (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Green Man FestivalGlanusk Park (Brecon)Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th Aug 2018 and Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Electric PicnicStradbally Hall (Laois)Buy Tickets