Best Wishes from Ultrasound - infamous 'Tiny' and band return for two September 2010 reunion dates
Posted: 13th August 2010
Think back to the late 90s - Britpop had started to take a grip, delivering number one albums from Blur, Prodigy, Oasis, Reef, Mansun, Radiohead and Verve, as well as minor irritations from Spice Girls and a bloody dreadful set from U2 (ironically called "Pop", which must have referred to the sound that their world-dominating bubble made).
Never within sight of the top-slot was Ultrasound, a beefy indie-rock band and the temporary press-darlings of NME for 1997-98. But they were deserving of a decent audience, knocking out some memorable tunes like "Floodlit World", "Best Wishes" and their biggest hit "Stay Young". However, the music weeklies and monthlies seemed more fascinated with lead singer "Tiny" and his physique, but the fans didn't care - they just wanted the music.
They can have it all again because Ultrasound are back - but only for two gigs. The first is in Leeds on 10th September for a special price of just £5 plus fees, while the second is a return to their home-town at London's Bull and Gate on the 27th Sep - tickets are only £7 for this one.
It'll be an emotional reunion and it's unlikely the band will add many more, if any, dates to the line-up.
- Tue 14th Apr 2020 Ultrasound The Cluny 2 (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Wed 15th Apr 2020 Ultrasound The Deaf Institute (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Thu 16th Apr 2020 Ultrasound Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush) Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Apr 2020 Ultrasound Patterns (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th May 2020 Ultrasound The Wardrobe (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th May 2020 Ultrasound Stereo (Glasgow) Buy Tickets