What they really mean is 'yes' - Nomeansno play rare UK dates in November 2010
Very much a part of the late 70s and 80s US punk and hardcore scene (i.e. when it really WAS a punk and hardcore scene and bands really hated the world), Nomeansno were carving out their own special niche in the world of noisy riffing, scream and protest with a collection of technically tricky rock music and the inimitable rage and sardonic humour of messrs Wright, Wright and Holliston (or Mr Wrong as he is occasionally christened).
To give you a rough idea of where they're coming from, much of their catalogue appeared on Alternative Tentacles, the uncompromising punk and new-wave label founded by Jello Biafra.
The band has a new EP (called "Tour EP 1") doing the rounds at their live concerts (a physical release is imminent) and to pick one up, you will need to attend a gig of theirs. It just so happens you get two chances in November, starting with a London date on the 25th at the Underworld, followed by Leeds on the 26th. Amazingly tickets are only £10 (even for London) plus fees - available now.
You may be interested in
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 PitchshifterBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 65daysofstatic: Decomposition Theory: CaveBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 You Me At Six, Marmozets, The Xcerts: Take Off Your ColoursBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 Everything EverythingO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Mon 31st Dec 2018 Everything Everything, Tom Grennan, New Year's Eve PartyVictoria Warehouse (Manchester)Buy Tickets