Go on the piste or just chill out - Mark Ronson signs up for London's Freeze Festival 2010
The thoughts of winter drawing closer is enough to have a nation running for the sunshine abroad, but tack the word 'sports' onto the end and suddenly the interest heats-up. London's Freeze Festival is one of several events devoted to skiing, snowboarding and winter-sports lifestyle that might just inspire you to get on the first plane to Austria or Switzerland (or Aviemore at the very least). It also has a cracking music line-up - Orbital, Friendly Fires and Cypress Hill have all played this festival in the past two years. 29th - 31st October 2010 looks a hot weekend-prospect as well.....hot enough to melt the slopes.
Mark Ronson is one of this year's huge international acts just confirmed for the Battersea spectacular. He'll bring his band The Business International, plus a new album (due September - "Record Collection") and a familiar back catalogue to headline on the Saturday night (30th Oct). Other additions include indie-electro outfit New Young Pony Club and I Blame Coco (featuring Sting's daughter, oozing just a little 80's charm).
Already announced are junglist-drum n bass maestro Roni Size, hefty rockers Hadouken!, beats 'n break-makers Krafty Kuts & MC Dynamite and Scratch Perverts. The Relentless Stage features Skindred and Bedouin Soundclash with several acts still to be unveiled.
Tickets are available now, with weekend passes costing £86 for all 3 days (£36 for 8-13 yr olds), or day passes at £36 (£18.25 for 8 - 13 yr olds). There is also a special 'Friday After Work' ticket for admission after 6.30pm - £22.50 (prices + fees), so you don't miss out on all the fun even if you have been staring at a screen or fending off shareholders or customers all day. The festival takes place around the Battersea Power Station with a cinema and many food and retail-outlets on site - oh and the odd bar.
- Weekend Pass
You may be interested in
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Plump DJs, Krafty Kuts, Deekline, Featurecast, Freestylers, ...Jamm (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 SkindredThe Empire (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 SkindredThe Brickyard (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 SkindredNewcastle University Student Union (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 SkindredThe Liquid Rooms (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 SkindredUnit 51 (Aberdeen)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 SkindredThe Old Fire Station (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 SkindredLemon Grove (Exeter University) (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 SkindredWedgewood Rooms/ Edge of the Wedge (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 SkindredTivoli Nightclub - Buckley (Flintshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 SkindredThe Sugarmill (Stoke-on-Trent)More Info..
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 SkindredEsquires (Bedford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 SkindredSin City (Swansea)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 SkindredHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 SkindredFibbers (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Roni SizeElectric (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 SkindredTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Roni SizeSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 SkindredHull University Students Union/ Middleton Hall/ Asylum (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 SkindredThe Engine Shed/ Platform (university of Lincoln) (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Winter Rocks: Skindred, Stone Broken, Wayward SonsThe Corporation (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 SkindredConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 SkindredThe Cheese and Grain (Frome)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 SkindredO2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 SkindredThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 SkindredO2 Academy Oxford (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 SkindredO2 Academy Leicester (Leicester)Buy Tickets