The Warehouse Project unveils vast store of big-named autumn 2010 gigs
Posted: 2nd August 2010
With the spring Warehouse Project dates now a distant memory, it's time to look ahead to the autumn and winter programme which has just been announced. Two dates have pretty-much sold out already - Ian Brown (with Scratch Perverts) on the 17th December - few tickets remaining - and David Guetta on the 19th December - but there are plenty of other top-notch artists due to appear underneath the arches near the city's Piccadilly station as part of the fifth year of 'live' performances held at the venue.
Maximo Park 23rd September sees Leeds' finest angular-pop outfit headline a special WHP live preview-show that also stars Metronomy and Chapel Club. Maximo Park have been quite of late - their last album "Quicken The Heart" appeared last year and provided the band with another Top 10 album. New material surely beckons methinks, but it hardly matters - you know how good this lot are and, with an enviable support, £18.50 is a bit of a bargain.
Launch Party 1 and 2
And so to the first of many big club-nights and two back-to-back launch-parties. The WHP2010 Launch begins on 24th September and stars Swedish techno-star Adam Beyer and the UK's own Steve Lawler, both of home head up the impressive DJ line-up that also includes electro and dubstep upstarts Joy Orbison and New York duo Wolf + Lamb. For Launch Party number 2 on 25th September, Basement Jaxx and Eric Prydz bring a full-on party atmosphere and a welter of club-classics straight out of, and outside of, the DJ box. Special guest is Felix Da Housecat and tickets for both nights are on sale now and cost £17.50 (Party 1) or £20 (Party 2).
Doves Another big draw on any occasion is Manchester's own Doves and, after seeing them last week at Ben & Jerry's gathering in London, I can only heartily recommend seeing them. Add in live sets from the excellent Field Music and Steve Mason, plus a crack set from original Hacienda DJ Mike Pickering, and you have a pretty hot night on 16th October for £29.50.
Delphic Manchester's dance-purveyor's Delphic make a rare visit back to their home turf with a packed evening (and early morning) planned for the 30th October. They've come a long way since the debut 12" "Counterpoint" appeared a year ago and the debut album "Acolyte" hit the racks / download sites earlier this year. With full support from Manchester's The Whip and the up and coming outfit Fenech Soler, plus DJ-sets from Rob Da Bank, Foals and The XX's Jamie, this is a cracking night and no mistake - especially at £17.50 a ticket.
Pete Tong He is the king of the Essential Selection, the don of FFRR Records and the doyen of dance-music - so it always seems odd when people exclaim that 'it's all gone a bit Pete Tong', after all, you couldn't get more 'right' with the man responsible for an enduring tradition of getting ready to go clubbing and listening to the Tongmeister spin the latest tunes. Now he makes a rare appearance at The Warehouse on 5th November, a night where further fireworks from techno's Riva Starr and Dutch upfront-houser Chuckie (amongst others) will have Guy Fawkes running for his Reebok Classics. £17.50 to get in.
See below for further Warehouse attractions coming up.
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 The Warehouse Project, RAM Records, Andy C, Sub Focus, Wilkinson, High Contrast, Dimension, Nicky Blackmarket, DJ Hype, DJ Hazard, Randall, Breakage, Dillinja : Ram Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Nov 2019 The Warehouse Project, Skepta, Octavian, M Huncho, Flohio, JayKae : Ignorance is Bliss Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Nov 2019 The Warehouse Project, Above & Beyond : Anjunadeep Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Nov 2019 The Warehouse Project, Bicep, Floating Points, Midland [DJ], Avalon Emerson, 808 State, DJ Seinfeld, HAAi, Krysko, Greg Lord : Feel My Bicep Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Dec 2019 The Warehouse Project, Underworld : Live At The Depot Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 The Warehouse Project, Jamie Jones, Hot Since 82, Richy Ahmed, Krystal Klear, Melé, Krysko : Paradise Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Dec 2019 HighSnobiety and The Warehouse Project Present: The Warehouse Project, Fredo, slowthai, Mike Skinner, Flohio, Kojey Radical, Children of Zeus, Bakar, Rich Reason Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Dec 2019 The Warehouse Project, Elrow : Nowmads Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets