Take pride in the pink - Manchester Pride 2010 offers up a big weekend featuring Kelis, Beverley Knight, Heaven 17 and more
Posted: 2nd August 2010
For 20 years, Manchester has been hosting Pride and dozens of other LGBT-community events throughout the city. As well as the various comedy, arts and literary events associated with Pride, there is of course the Mardi Gras-atmosphere of the annual August Bank Holiday parade, this year set to take place on Saturday 28th August at around 1pm. Well over 100 floats will add colour and vibrancy to the streets of Manchester, as well as various other street-performances and, even more importantly, a star-studded music and arts programme that can't be rivalled for value for money.
For just £10 per day, or £17.50 for a weekend pass, you can see an array of artists every evening. On Friday 27th August, the main stage will host an 80's Night featuring Belinda Carlisle and Heaven 17, Saturday is Dance Day with 'Saltwater'-legends Chicane and 'Pineapple Dance'-stars Starman, Sunday is Alternative Day with several local acts, Diagram of the Heart and headliner Kelis and finally Monday is Pop Day with dozens of showbiz-singers including Liz McClarnon (Atomic Kitten), 4 Poofs and a Piano, Same Difference, Rowetta and Beverley Knight.
Not a bad line-up and that is just the Main Arena area - Pride is all about community and you'll find plenty to see and do in Sackville Gardens (various live events) and the Pride Fringe (a week-long arts programme of theatre, comedy and film running from Friday 20th August until Thursday 26th.
- Sun 30th Aug 2020 Manchester Pride Mayfield Depot (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Aug 2021 Manchester Pride : Gay Village Party The Village (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Aug 2021 Manchester Pride : Gay Village Party The Village (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Aug 2021 Manchester Pride The Village (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Mon 30th Aug 2021 Manchester Pride The Village (Manchester) Buy Tickets