Push that button, tune into FM - classic British rock band announce autumn 2010 tour dates
Fresh from their Download slot and recent dates in Cardiff and London, classic AOR outfit FM have announced a further trio of gigs in October starting in Newcastle on the 6th, Manchester on the 7th and Buckley on the 8th. Tickets for Buckley are already on sale, while Newcastle and Manchester go on sale Thursday at midday, priced at £16 (plus the usual fees).
The band released their twelfth album in March - "Metropolis" is their first release since 1995 and features recent guitarist addition, Jim Kirkpatrick. The album was acclaimed by the rock press and curiously got plenty of early airplay on Radio 2. Their sound hasn't changed too dramatically since the days of their formation in 1984, when members of Samson and Wildlife formed FM in a London pub.
Their heyday soon followed and the song "Frozen Heart" (from their debut "Indiscreet") cracked the Top 75 Singles Chart before a stint as support on Bon Jovi's 'Slippery When Wet' tour. The follow-up album "Tough It Out" was a bigger success in 1989, but after leaving a major label for Music for Nations, FM have quietly continued with their brand of anthems and ballads.
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 FMThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 FMRobin (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 FMEngine Rooms (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 FMNantwich Civic Hall (Cheshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 FMLiVe (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 FMHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 13th Apr 2019 and Sun 14th Apr 2019 HRH BluesBuy Tickets