Fat Friday 30th July 2010 starring Pendulum, Madness, Mark Ronson, The Coral, Jonathan Richman, Badly Drawn Boy, Gorillaz and more
What a whopper we have here! I'm not referring to a script from a 'Carry On'-film, rather I'm looking at the juicy size of our Fat Friday round-up. We've mentioned a few of them this week already, but a few very interesting dates have just appeared at 'mission-control'. Peel back those eyelids and feast your pupils on these big beauties.
All on sale from 9am unless stated - prices + booking fees. For ticket availability, click on the images, below, or scroll down for the full event listing.
Australia's premier rock 'n' bass outfit continue their quest for global-domination with an eight-date tour in December, beginning with Glasgow on the 1st and ending with Aberdeen on the 10th - priced at £22.50 - £25. Full dates are listed below and you can watch a teaser video on the earlier article page. Current single "Witchcraft" is currently sitting nicely in the Top 30 after huge download sales.
The multi-instrumentalists and official Nutty Boys to the Nation are back on the bus in December as well, kicking off a new UK tour in Blackpool on 26th November, taking in Manchester, Leeds and Plymouth (amongst the many) before ending up in London at Earl's Court on 15th December. Please note that tickets go on sale at 9.30am, with prices starting at £35. Oh and the tour is called "Don't Adjust Your Nut" - the mind boggles!
Badly Drawn Boy
The man with the warmest head in music (he always seems to have THAT hat on, even in summer), has announced some dates in October in support of some new material looming on the horizon. Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol and London will all host a piece of Gough magic with tickets costing from £17.50. Keep checking back for possible additions to the itinerary (four is never enough!).
Garage-punk legend Jonathan Richman formed the short-lived Modern Lovers in the mid 70s, unleashing the familiar "Roadrunner" and a landmark album in 1976 before calling it quits. The follow-up single "Egyptian Reggae" was a curious version of an old reggae-classic and another hit. However his profile has remained at cult-status for three decades and it could be argued that Strokes and Violent Femmes borrowed much from his catalogue to formulate their sound. You can see the man himself perform 4 (that's FOUR) dates in London during October, including The Luminaire, Amersham Arms, Mondo Water Rats and Notting Hill's Tabernacle. Tickets are £17.50.
Producer, remixer, media-personality - Mark Ronson's profile has shot through the roof after his massive "Version" album gave Lily Allen and Daniel Merriweather a much-welcome leg-up in the biz. Now he turns his attention to original tunes and another string of guest vocalists and rappers with the eagerly-awaited "Record Collection", due in September. His tour also kicks off on the release date of 27th Sep in Bristol and continues through to Leeds on the 3rd Oct. Tickets are £20.
Much-underrated Wirral-wizards The Coral have recently notched up another hit album with "Butterfly House" and rather good it is too. The lads are out and about in November, starting in Leeds on the 14th and ending up near their home-land in Liverpool on the 20th. Tickets are around £19.50 plus fees.
Goo Goo Dolls
Popular alt-rock outfit Goo Goo Dolls have a new album to promote and have elected to tour the UK in November, a few months after "Something For The Rest Of Us". First stop will be Glasgow on the 7th and passing through Leeds, Brixton and ending up in Leicester. Tickets will cost from £23.50 plus fees - meanwhile the album gets a release on 30th August with another single (TBA) out around the same time.
They come from Sweden and they have been everywhere - nah, not Ikea, I mean Europe. Joey Tempest and his charges gave us "The Final Countdown" back in the 80s and have never looked back. Of course, that song wasn't their only hit but you can't imagine sound-tracking a sporting or entertainment highlight with "Rock The Night" or "I'll Cry For You" can you? A full UK tour (called 'Balls and Banners' - I know, I know) has been announced for February 2011, starting in Glasgow on the 17th and continuing via London to Newcastle on the 27th. Tickets cost £17.50 upwards.
Despite splitting up in 2006, this Lincolnshire band's songs started to filter onto the small-screen via ad agencies. Car adverts are normally a good way to get heard and "Devil In Me" by 22-20s helped flog a few Vauxhalls a couple of years back - it also spurred the band to reform and play a Heavenly Festival celebration in 2008. Their 2010 album "Shake/Shiver/Moan" has yet to appear in the UK - so maybe you can gee them along by seeing them on tour. They play in Manchester on 12th October and finish up in Nottingham on the 18th. Tickets are £8.
Echo and the Bunnymen
Other new dates have been confirmed for soft-indie-rock outfit Athlete in a 'greatest hits'-type show at the Forum (20th Nov - part of a bigger tour, other dates are already on sale), Echo and the Bunnymen with classic-album renditions of "Crocodiles" and "Heaven Up Here" (4th - 12th Dec), 30 Seconds To Mars (25th - 27th Nov), Pendulum-supporting metallers Hadouken! (19th and 30th Oct) and Mercury-nominees I am Kloot, with two more dates in Manchester (3rd Dec) and Shepherd's Bush (28th Jan 2011). Reckon y'all wanna see Kevin Costner and Modern West, really (KOKO - 16th Sep) - yeehah!
Last but not least, the rescheduled Gorillaz arena tour (moved to November from September) was given a little sweetener with the addition of a Brighton date at the Brighton Centre on 18th November. There are still some tickets available for the newly rescheduled dates, but note that the Glasgow and Newcastle jaunts are now no longer happening.
- Fri 25th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Coral...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Echo and the BunnymenSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Neighbourhood Weekender, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds,...Victoria Park (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen: The Stars, The Ocean and The MoonRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 GorillazMalahide Castle (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 Nocturne Live, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The CoralBlenheim Palace (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Echo and the Bunnymen, Peter Hook, The Jesus and Mary Chain: Skyline SeriesHarbourside (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Jun 2018 A Life in Song: Quincy Jones, Caro Emerald, Jess Glynne, Lalah Hathaway, Mic... - Live in ConcertThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 Madness: Stately MadnessEnglefield House and Estate (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Madness: Stately MadnessEuston Park (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Madness: Stately MadnessRagley Hall (Warwickshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 Madness: Stately MadnessAlnwick Castle (Northumberland)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Jul 2018 Goo Goo DollsO2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Jul 2018 Goo Goo DollsO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Jul 2018 Goo Goo DollsO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 MadnessFestival Big Top (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Madness3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 9th Aug 2018 Sziget Festival, Gorillaz, Cigarettes After Sex, Seasick Ste...Obudai Island - Budapest (Hungary)Buy Tickets
- Mon 13th Aug 2018 Sziget Festival, KYGO, Shawn Mendes, MO, Nick Murphy (Chet F...Obudai Island - Budapest (Hungary)Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Aug 2018 Ocean Colour Scene, Sheafs, The Bluetones, The Coral, DodgyDon Valley Bowl (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Badly Drawn BoyThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Sep 2018 EuropeUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 Europe, King KingOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthPyramids Centre (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 The CoralRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 The CoralO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 The CoralBeckett University (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 The CoralLeadmill (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Tue 9th Oct 2018 The CoralSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 The CoralKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 The CoralLiverpool Guild of Students/ Stanley Theatre/ Mountford Hall... (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 The CoralAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 3rd Dec 2018 House of Fun Weekender: Madness - The Sound of MadnessMore Info..
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessMetro Radio Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessPlymouth Pavilions (Plymouth)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessBournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 Madness, The Fratellis: The Sound of MadnessMotorpoint Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets