Sorry, did you say that Deaf School are playing two exclusive London dates in August 2010?
A band cited as the most important Liverpool band apart from The Beatles (by Mojo-journalist Paul Du Noyer) has to deliver the goods to gain that kind of respect - I'd imagine Ian McCulloch was buffing up his imaginary medal until someone told him that Deaf School were the intended target of praise.
Scoring critical success with the first album "Second Honeymoon", the group eventually recorded three albums of art-rock and theatrical-pop in differing measures before calling it a day. Clive Langer became one of the most influential producers of the 80s (madness being one his clients), while Bette Bright went solo and had a couple of minor successes. Sadly one of its founder-members, Eric Shark passed away earlier this year and in honour of his memory, the band are playing a few dates in August.
The first dates are at the infamous Dublin Castle on the 5th / 6th with Domino-songwriter, Eugene McGuiness in support. Tickets are on sale now priced at £8, sure to be fast-sellers (the Castle isn't a huge venue). The final date is at the Fordham Festival near Newmarket on the 7th and also starring ex-Simple Minds, Dreadzone and Secret Affair. The three-day festival costs £65 and tickets are still available.
You may be interested in
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Robyn HitchcockBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 and Thu 22nd Nov 2018 The CoralBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 EH6 Festival: The Coral, Tom ClarkeLeith Theatre (Leith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 Kilmarnock Dirty Weekender, Jake Bugg, The Coral, The Sex Pi...Various Venues Kilmarnock (Kilmarnock)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 The Frank and WaltersWhelan's (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Dec 2018 The Stunning, The Frank and WaltersLeisureland (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 Billy Bremner100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 to Sat 9th Mar 2019 Dodgy: HomegrownBuy Tickets
- Thu 2nd May 2019 to Sat 25th May 2019 Wreckless EricBuy Tickets