Sorry, did you say that Deaf School are playing two exclusive London dates in August 2010?
A band cited as the most important Liverpool band apart from The Beatles (by Mojo-journalist Paul Du Noyer) has to deliver the goods to gain that kind of respect - I'd imagine Ian McCulloch was buffing up his imaginary medal until someone told him that Deaf School were the intended target of praise.
Scoring critical success with the first album "Second Honeymoon", the group eventually recorded three albums of art-rock and theatrical-pop in differing measures before calling it a day. Clive Langer became one of the most influential producers of the 80s (madness being one his clients), while Bette Bright went solo and had a couple of minor successes. Sadly one of its founder-members, Eric Shark passed away earlier this year and in honour of his memory, the band are playing a few dates in August.
The first dates are at the infamous Dublin Castle on the 5th / 6th with Domino-songwriter, Eugene McGuiness in support. Tickets are on sale now priced at £8, sure to be fast-sellers (the Castle isn't a huge venue). The final date is at the Fordham Festival near Newmarket on the 7th and also starring ex-Simple Minds, Dreadzone and Secret Affair. The three-day festival costs £65 and tickets are still available.
You may be interested in
- Mon 21st Jan 2019 to Sun 27th Jan 2019 Billy BremnerBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 to Sat 9th Mar 2019 Dodgy: HomegrownBuy Tickets
- Wed 27th Feb 2019 Bill KirchenBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Feb 2019 to Sat 16th Mar 2019 The CoralBuy Tickets
- Tue 26th Mar 2019 to Sat 6th Apr 2019 The ZutonsBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Apr 2019 to Tue 29th Oct 2019 Robyn HitchcockBuy Tickets
- Thu 2nd May 2019 to Sat 25th May 2019 Wreckless EricBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 Sunday Sessions: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Razorlight, The Coral, N...Earlham Park (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th May 2019 to Thu 20th Jun 2019 Nick LoweBuy Tickets