Gigs for good causes - dig deep to help charities raise cash and awareness this summer/ autumn 2010
Posted: 20th July 2010
There are clusters of charity bashes coming up over the next few months, so it seemed pertinent to gather them up and tell you about a few of them. The events vary from comedy to music, large and small but all have a purpose - to raise much-needed cash for those less fortunate than ourselves with most of the performers either waiving a fee for their appearances, or offering a cut of the profits on the night.
The Pub Landlord's Southbank Jukebox Already mentioned on Allgigs before is this almost-sold-out evening, due to be held on Tuesday 27th July and starring everyone's favourite landlord, Al Murray with special guests Plan B, Madness and funnyman Jason Manford. There are VERY limited tickets left for around £36 and all profits go to the charity, War Child. An excellent value ticket for a packed evening, full of big names.
The live and musical fund-raising arm of Oxfam is Oxjam and, over the next few weeks, there are plenty of regional gatherings of local bands being held to raise money and awareness. We have tickets for Thursday night at Manchester's Retro Bar (£4 - several indie bands), 8th August at Nottingham's Central Music Venue (£5 - local indie bands), 23rd October at London's Clerkenwell House (£7 - local bands and DJs until 2am), 29th October at Hertford's Corn Exchange (£10 - starring Dogs and The Supernovas) and the very first Dundee Oxjam All-Dayer on 30th October (£5 - over 10 local bands). Incredibly, tickets for Faithless Sound System's at the Coronet in South East London on 1st October are still available for £20. Get in quick.
Dio Day In memory and honour of the great Ronnie James Dio, who died recently from stomach cancer, the Piper Club in Hull will host a day of metal bands performing the music of Sabbath, Dio and more, raising money for Cancer Research . The event takes place this coming Sunday (25th) and costs just £5 (plus small fee), a pittance for such an important cause. Raise your snails for Cancer Research and support a worthwhile local evening, featuring lots of bands and DJs from 7pm onwards.
Other great charity gigs
Cancer Research UK In no particular order, we rather like the look of the metal-night at Gillingham's Beacon Court Tavern on 25th September, starring Iron On Maiden and more for just £6, The Alarm's special fundraiser at the Muni Arts Centre on 14th Aug (£15 - Love Hope Strength charity), Nottingham's annual charity-fest Damaged Stock 2010 at Rock City on 21st Aug (£5) and former-It Bites frontman Francis Dunnery appearing at Egremont Market Hall on 23rd Oct (£20). This last concert is in aid of Francis' children's charity, named after his parents and called Charlie and Kathleen Dunnery's Children's Fund, and an ideal opportunity to help Francis raise money for his local area.
Check below for further charity fundraisers! You may also donate to the charities mentioned above - see the links in the sidebar to the right.
- Sat 18th Jan 2020 Francis Dunnery Manchester Academy (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Jan 2020 Francis Dunnery Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush) Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Feb 2020 Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights 19th Anniversary: Screening, Cancer Research UK O2 Apollo (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Feb 2020 Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights 19th Anniversary: Screening, Cancer Research UK O2 Apollo (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Feb 2020 Jason Manford Plaza Theatre (Stockport) Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Mar 2020 War Child, Stefflon Don EartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Mar 2020 The Alarm O2 Ritz (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Mar 2020 Al Murray Colosseum (Watford) Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Mar 2020 The Alarm The Garage/ G2/ Attic (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Mar 2020 The Alarm O2 Institute (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Mar 2020 Faithless Sound System Dreamland (Margate) Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Mar 2020 The Alarm Electric Ballroom (Camden) Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st May 2020 Manford's Comedy Festival: Jason Manford Opera House (Blackpool) Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jun 2020 Madness Westonbirt Arboretum (Gloucester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Jun 2020 York Festival, Madness, The Lightning Seeds, DJ Craig Charles York Sports Club (York) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jun 2020 Madness Thetford Forest (Suffolk) Buy Tickets