Who plays with the Ferry-man? Roxy Music's Bryan Ferry announces October 2010 album with all-star line-up
This weekend, Roxy Music will glam up and smooth over the Lovebox 2010 [last few tickets available at £45 - check the "Tickets" button, below - Ed], an event in itself seeing as it's their first UK date in five years. You can also catch them at Bestival 2010 in September, with both appearances promising to deliver a raft of hits plus some new material from Bryan Ferry's upcoming solo-album. Wheels within wheels yes, but this new album has more than coincidence up its sleeve.
After the success of his last solo set "Dylanesque" (yes, Dylan songs), it probably wasn't going to be long before Ferry set about recording new material and issuing a follow-up. But new album "Olympia" is a little more than that - guest appearances from Scissor Sisters, Radiohead, Pink Floyd and Stone Roses members, contributions from crack musicians like Nile Rodgers, Flea and Marcus Miller and deft production from previous Avalon-producer Rhett Davies will certainly have a few people foaming around the jowls - but it's the appearance of Brian Eno in the running order that might cause mild hysteria amongst Roxy-fanatics.
Eno left the band in 1973, vowing never to return etc etc. I guess time IS a great healer because other Roxy Music members Phil Manzanera and Andy Mackay also contribute to the finished product, released on 25th October. The ten songs also includes a cover of Tim Buckley's "Song to the Siren" and the upcoming single "You Can Dance" (due for release on 2nd August) as well as a version of "Shameless", a Groove Armada song he recently lent vocals to. "You Can Dance" has already done the rounds as a promo in Europe, replete with original mixes by DJ Hell and Audiojack and dubs from Richard Sen.
Update - Tour dates announced for 2011!
Bryan Ferry, Andy Mackay, Phil Manzanera and Paul Thompson have announced a January/ February 2011 'For Your Pleasure' UK tour for Roxy Music, commencing on 25th January. Tickets are on sale now (London's O2 Arena date goes on sale Saturday 17th July at 9AM) starting at £50 - check below for availability.
You may be interested in
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Barbra Streisand, Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Pa...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 Lovebox, Solange, Loyle Carner, Kaytranada, Solomun, Guy Ger...Gunnersbury Park (Ealing)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 Lovebox, Chance the Rapper, Four Tet, Brockhampton, H.E.R., ...Gunnersbury Park (Ealing)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2019 Rewind Scotland, Bryan Ferry, The Stranglers, Lisa Stansfiel...Scone Palace (Perth and Kinross)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Oct 2019 Andy Mackay, Phil ManzaneraNew Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)Buy Tickets